PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
I re-jarred Larry's Blend from 2 pint jars to one single quart jar today after 5 years,2 months of ageing in the jar. Each pint had developed a good vacuum seal. Each required a good effort of the thumb to pry the Ball Jar open. The aroma was - really - not much subdued. The moisture was still on the medium side and I originally packed each jar firmly. As to the taste profile,well, I'm not one to judge any changes. I don't have any fresh on hand to compare anyway. I will say that 5 years in the jar surely didn't hurt this fine blend one bit!
Plugugly

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I have been meaning to try this, I love English and Balkan blends and this looks like it's right up my alley. It looks like it comes highly recommended om P&C's reviews, I will have to make it a point to buy a bit on my next order.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Larry's is good stuff indeed; I've been smoking it regularly for a number of years. Haven't made any effort to age it, though.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hmm, I have some Larry's Blend down in the basement, it's at least 4 years old. When Pipes & Cigars used to be in Albany, NY, I visited the home shop quite a bit. One night, Russ O was there. I mentioned enjoying Larry's Blend. He pointed to an old guy smoking a pipe and said "that's Larry". I always called Larry's Blend, "Penzance Light" and found it more enjoyable.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I'm not a fan of aged English blends at all. The Latakia gets to soft for my pallet resulting in a flat taste profile.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I ordered some Larry's Blend in bulk several years ago... in the same order with several vapers and several aro's... when I opened the box, EVERYTHING smelled like Larry's!! Ol' Larry had taken over the fort!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.