PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
This one will be a bit out there for some of you. According to Larry Roush:
"Here is something I have wanted to do for a while and I am borrowing the term “Quaint”. It is a pretty generic term these days so I do not think I will get into any trouble using the name. This piece came out wonderful and as you can see the smooth top and panels are beautiful. The three triangular panels come to meet at a point at the bottom of the bowl. This is my first “Quaint” and is marked as such on the inspection card; also it is designated with a “Q” just below the grade on the nomenclature panel. The blast is deep and craggy and the mouthpiece is very comfortable. Hand cut Blue Cumberland mouthpiece w/Delrin tennon, hand made solid sterling silver fitment. "
I thought it was really cool looking.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Nice one, Peck! I love it! The visible grain, the blast, and the blue Cumberland stem make for a spectacular combination! That's a wonderful ring blast, and amazing Birdseye on the rim!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
It's a shame the fellow at the factory got his colors mixed up, but that is a stunning pipe. Congratulations.
I used to not be crazy about Roush's pipes, but I've found myself drawn to them lately. He's definitely on my short list.
I'm sure it will be a great smoker for you, Peck.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I love the strips of smooth on the rustic bowl, and the stem is real cool as well.

~Ron

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That pipe is gorgeous, very unique looking. That birdseye top is killer and the blast is also really well done. The stem is way cool, I love everything about it. How big is it, how much does it weigh, hard to tell from the pics. That is by far my favorite piece of his.

Dec 24, 2012
Harris, not sure of the weight since Larry never lists that. I am not worried since all 4 of the pipes I have that he made are quite light.
The dimensions are:
Height: 1.800

Chamber: .770

Length: 5.900

Diameter: 1.725

Shank Diameter: .700

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Truly an awesome looking pipe. I'm with Harris, the birdseye on the rim is indeed "killer," and I really like the way he worked the smooth and blasted panels. Great get!
Pipestud

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Wow! Everybody has already used all the superlative adjectives, and made all the wonderful observations that occur to me.

I've definitely got a case of pipe envy goin' right now! Good score, Peck! :clap:

Dec 24, 2012
Al, every one of my Roush's looks way better in person than it does in the pics - I can't describe it, but the best analogy I have is that when you hold one of his pipes it feels like a fine piece of jewellery.

Status
Not open for further replies.