PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2019
Which peterson system pipe has the largest bowl? I’m a college student who recently started smoking pipe and find it extremely relaxing when studying long hours Which peterson system pipe produces the longest lasting smoking session which I’d assume to have the largest bowl. I’m in the market for a used peterson pipe it’s time to upgrade from my corn cobbs.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Right off the top of my head, I recall the B42 having a decent sized bowl. Also, you can smoke flakes, cakes, plugs, etc. - slower burning tobacco.
Someone with more definitive info should pop in soon. I like the System B42 personally.
ETA: looks like the System 307 is good sized bowl too.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Which peterson system pipe produces the longest lasting smoking session which I’d assume to have the largest bowl.
Entirely depends on your packing and smoking cadence. I get a two hour smoke out of a 1.5"×.84" conical chamber.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
It appears the Savinelli Dry System 614 has a larger chamber than the Peterson's if you're interested.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=298542

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I get a two hour smoke out of a 1.5"×.84" conical chamber.
Impressive. I get 60-70 minutes with my Peterson 307 smoking broken flake like Golden Extra. A bit less with a ribbon cut.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
That's OK, I don't think either one of us is in a great rush :)
Now I have something to shoot for over the next 28 years.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm thinking the B42 is the largest Peterson shape that you can get as a System Pipe. It's a hefty pipe with a substantial chamber.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
That's OK, I don't think either one of us is in a great rush :)
No reason at all to be. Enjoy the ride and it just happens. Drives my wife crazy though. She's producing clouds of smoke with her pipes and she never sees any coming from me. :rofl:

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I can’t rightly decide if I’m happy that my wife doesn’t smoke. On the one hand, it’d be a whole lot easier to get additional funding for tobacco purchases. On the other hand, she’d be dipping into the tobacco too.
Hmm...

Feb 27, 2019
Thank you all! I’ll be on the look out for a quality used B42. I’ve never seen responses roll in this fast on a forum question, thanks again

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Once you get this large-bowled pipe, remember that flake/plug/coin/rope cut (or non-cuts) tend to give longer smokes. You can fold and stuff with flake and coin, but however you prep them, they seem to burn longer. At the intermission of an outdoor bluegrass show, I once took the mini Old Dominion corn cob pipe packed with some flake outside the amphitheater and was amazed what a long smoke it delivered; I had to put it out and save it for later. Also, one of the luxuries of pipe smoking is that you can let a pipe go out and come back later, if you are engrossed in a project, and get a good evening of smoking out of a large bowl pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.