PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lanes reintroduced LL-7 not long ago. They plan to introduce some other blends, these

English, and they asked for Forums members suggestions a week or two ago. But I'd like

to recommend LL-7. If you like Q1, but you like a little sweeter, brighter flavor, LL-7 may

be for you. My vested interest in this is that, though I have a nice stash in a big jar, I'd like

to see this one stay on the market, and since it seems anything like a strong sneeze makes

tobacco blends disappear for years, decades, or forever, I'd like to keep this one around if

possible. So, try it, if you do any aromatics in your rotation. I think you'll like it. I have it

going in a Bari 1/4 bent brandy smooth, right now. It smokes right down into the bowl,

little ash, no goop, no bite. Might fine.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Thanks for the recommendation. Eventually I plan on trying all of Lane's blends, except for the cherry stuff. Cherry flavoring always reminds me of Sucrets.

lordwolf

Might Stick Around
Feb 12, 2013
United States
Im not a fan of lane blends overall. Of course Im currently embroiled in a series of flakes at the moment ^_^ So maybe I'll try them again some day. :puffy:

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I have yet to try a Lane Limited blend that I did not like.

I have not tried LL-7 yet, but I will add it to my wish and/or favorites list on my tobacco sites.

By the way, the "new" Lane Ltd Raspberry is fantastic! The Hazelnut is also a really tasty smoke.

My go-to Lane blends are 1-Q, RLP-6, and BC-A.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I have never tried the LL-7, may have to put that in my next tad order.
except for the cherry stuff. Cherry flavoring always reminds me of Sucrets.
I agree with the cherry comment. The lane black cherry however is wonderful, or at least I use to enjoy it. I have not had it in four or five years.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not big on heavily flavored aromatics either, and a strong cherry dressing does not sound good

to me, but after an active posting on cherry flavors on Forums, I selectively ordered Wild Cherry from

Altadis, and found it pleasantly low key. The cherry flavor and scent is definitely subordinate to the

tobacco and is quite palatable. I won't say it's become my go-to aro, but it pleases when I choose

to smoke it. But LL-7 is definitely in the rotation.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I'm happy to see LL-7 making a comeback. When it was discontinued about 5 years ago, I stocked up. This is a terrific flavorful mild aromatic that's very smokable. A pipe tobacco in the same vein as 1Q, RLP-6, or the fabulous Trout Stream. I often read criticisms of pipe tobaccos like this as having "no tobacco taste". I don't know what those folks are smoking, but as someone who also enjoys straight Virginias and Burleys, LL-7 tastes like tobacco to me. A great aromatic that's a real treat in the AM with a cup of coffee. Definitely worth a try...

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I'm not an enormous smoker of aros, but found Lane LL-7 to be one that wasn't too bad. I preferred it much to 1-Q. Had a friend who used to smoke it, when it came in stock I ordered 4 ounces- 2 for him, 2 for me. It will probably take me forever to smoke it, as I usually for the the Virginias, but that's my 2 cents on it.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Love this stuff, it is my g to blend..Was it really gone for some time? Honestly I didnt notice, keep a half ton of this laying around.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm so glad to hear some support for Lanes LL-7. So far, I've only found it on smokingpipes.com, though I visit the

bulk tobacco page on most sites and look for LL-7 among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.