PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I've never tried Edgeworth before and was reading some reviews today when I noticed that Lane was listed as the blender. Is this true? If so, what is Lane doing? Why are they tinning BCA and 1Q and bringing cigar themed blends to market, while they could be blending Edgeworth? Anyone know the story behind Edgeworth?

M

Lane is blending it, and calling it Lane Ready Rubbed.
So Lane Ready Rubbed is Edgeworth Ready Rubbed? Is there a pseudo-blend for the slices version?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The Lane version has become more of a ribbon cut. Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match is closer to the original Edgeworth cut, but I haven't seen the slices.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know the ins and outs of the Lane/Edgeworth marketing stuff, but if you're considering trying the LLRR, I highly recommend it. It's very good, and if they made a sliced version, I would gladly try that as well.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I like both, but prefer the Sutliff version for the cut of the tobacco, and the price. :mrgreen:

M

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm going to give both a try.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Sutliff Match is closer to the original than the current Lane version, although Lane says they use the original formula. That's not a knock on the LLRR because it's a good blend, but the cut is not right, and it has more chocolate and a little less molasses than the original had and the Sutliff Match.
As for the slices, the only thing made today that is in the ball park to the original is Wessex Burley Slices. It's good, but not the same or as good as the Edgeworth Slices was. I've smoked a lot of all four blends, and I'd say it's hard to go wrong with any of them.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I really enjoy Solani Aged Burley Flake, it's lighter in depth than Wessex Burley Slices(which I also enjoy), but I think it has a more complex flavor profile. In either case, they are both tasty. BTW, I have come to very much enjoy Lane Limited Ready Rubbed, it's the best OTC as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.