PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
As a pipe smoker of only six months please take my review of this with a grain of salt. I have no where near the palette experience as longtime pipe smokers.
I received a 2oz sample of this back in June and had a bowl then, and kind of forgot about this. I had a bowl this evening and what a wonderful surprise.
It is a mild English.
The Latakia is in the front and the Virginias add a touch of sweetness and the orientals and Perique deliver a nice counter balance for a truly delightful smoke. I couldn't detect the Burley but I'm sure it is there.
The great thing is you can buy it in bulk and I think it is pretty good bang for the buck English tobacco. It is pretty good value I think.

My palette tells me that I enjoy it similar to Quiet Nights.

My ougth two cents worth.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I have not tried the new but I enjoy the original. I still have one tin. It reminds me of Nat Sherman 536. I find these smooth, easy to smoke and very tasty. If it's the addition of burley that does it, I don't know. One day my local b&m will have of the new and I'll give a whirl. I always assumed this last tin I have would be just that.

Mike S.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
It is sold in bulk http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/lane/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=175229 , and coming in at $11.12 for 4oz. I would say it's a decent value if you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.