Lane limited new release of an old blend (Edgeworth ready rub)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimal

Lurker
May 17, 2015
I am new to pipe smoking been going at it about a year now so this is a first review for me but I thought it would be nice to add some reviews from a new palate.

This is about a re release of an older blend that apparently switched hands a few times so I am sure the more experienced in the group will know the blend at least that the impression I got when I did my initial research. so here goes

Lane Limited Edgeworth ready rubbed: the newest release

- this is a mild burley blend that smokes very cool and smooth with no tongue bite (this coming from a early smoker who probably smokes way to fast)

- this is a dryer Aromatic not goopy at all. easy to pack easy to lite and even more important to me easy to keep lit.

- taste has a little bite or should I say bitterness to it ,I account this to the slight cocoa scent or "flavor" you get about half way threw the bowl and this gradually get stronger as u smoke threw the rest of the bowl.

- room note I cant really speak on. I hear tell u cant really smell the smoke you are but mostly because I smoke out side. however it did not have a strong aromatic effect at all at least compared to some of the others I have tried from Sutliff and lane limited.

-over all a great smoke it may become part of my regular rotation.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The ERR Match by Sutliff tastes like cinnamon and molasses cookies. Not overpowering, but tasty and noticeable.

The cut is a cube cut, making prep a breeze, as the cubes load easily.

Smoked without tongue bite and burns as a codger blend should, hardly requiring a tamp, and often not even a second match. Smooth and tasty for sure. moderate nic content, but enough to satisfy. I use this as a spice in other burley I have that is basic burley and it always adds a nice touch.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I just got my 14 oz tin of Ready Rubbed. It's as I remember it from many years ago. Nothing extraordinary but a satisfying old time all day smoke. Nice cube cut, easy load and light. I think anyone looking for an easy Burley blend will like it.

danimal

Lurker
May 17, 2015
i think im a burley guy most of the blends I seem to enjoy have been burley blends of some sort, and I knew I was forgetting something in my review: the cut thanks guys.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The cut is a cube cut, making prep a breeze, as the cubes load easily.
Peterson's St. Patrick's Day Blend was a cube cut and I have to say I had a hell of a time loading and getting it to light. I will say though, once it got going it did pretty much smoke itself. Not much maintenance was needed after it got going.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I just got my tub on Friday, and have only had one full bowl so far. I didn't get much flavor out of it. Nice smoking characteristics, but I think this one is going to be an epiphany smoke for me. I suspect I'll just be absently puffing one day and go "Oh! There it is!" It has happened before.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I started in college and there was a tobacconist on my way to campus, so my entry into pipe tobacco was B&M blends (which were probably Lane's in those days). By the time I got around to trying a few drugstore blends to save money, I couldn't stand them.
My dad had a friend who made his own blend consisting of equal parts 3 Nuns, Edgeworth, and Amphora (which he mispronounced Amorpha). I tried it once. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.