PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Let me start off by saying I’m no expert and I know many have already reviewed this blend. But I had such a wonderful experience with this blend that I had to share.
I went into my local B&M that carries Lane Limited. I picked up an ounce of the Black Raspberry to try. While driving home I repeatedly opened the zip locked bag to smell my new purchase. The smell of berry was fantastic. So good I was tempted to place a handful in my mouth (of course I didn’t).
When I got home I could no longer wait. I packed my pipe (simple Leonessa) and noticed the blend was very moist. I knew I should dry it first but like a kid at Christmas I could wait no more. I knew the distance from the kitchen to my man cave was too far. So against my wife’s wishes of smoking in the house, I lit the bowl. I could instantly smell and taste the creamy raspberry flavors. The smoke was cool and ashed beautifully. I would recommend drying the tobacco as it took several relights (partly because of my faulty technique).
This blend is definitely sweet, but no tongue bite. It could easily be mixed with other blends. The room note was very pleasant as my wife enjoyed the smell.
After finishing my bowl I felt satisfied. I have been searching for that “go to” blend for months. I finally found the blend I have been looking for. I have been smoking more VAs lately. But have now found my new go to aromatic. I will be ordering this in bulk and I would HIGHLY recommend it to any other ARO lovers.

cavendish36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
It's my wish list at SmokingPipes.com. Glad it's as good as I figured it would be! Now, where can I come up with money for my next TAD order?

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
Any body in canada seen this raspberry blend ?

I have a sweet tooth - tried mclellands tastemaster chocolate great aroma in tin but no chocolate flavour -
Where is it in usa retailers - 4 noggins or cup o joes ?? pipes & cigars does not deal with canadians.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
I've got 2-3 oz that I don't intend on smoking. Not quite my cup of tea. Would love to trade with anyone who has some Virginia's or English to trade.
Otherwise I'll just send out the stuff to someone who would enjoy it!
Send me a message if interested!

effektor

Might Stick Around
Aug 4, 2013
After subjecting the girlfriend to a few latakia blends, I picked up a couple oz of this. Not only was she much more accepting of the aroma, I was surprised at how good it was. I packed a bowl in a brand new briar and after a single charring light and tamp, burned the whole bowl without a relight. Good flavor and aroma. This is definitely going to be my smoking in public blend for a while.

clocksmith

Lurker
Aug 21, 2013
I got a sample of this as part of my customer appreciation stuff from pipesandcigars.com and I doubt I would have ever picked it up. I am so glad they sent it! I have been tearing through that little sample in a Grabow that I reserve for the rare aro that I pick up. It's really pleasant. I have been drying mine for a short time before packing and a char light with some delayed gratification adds to the enjoyment of this blend. When done right it is cool smoking and biteless. Glad you started this thread tamer---the blend deserves it. And I have not really been a Lane Limited fan.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
A similar blend, but of better quality tobaccos is McClelland's McRaspberry. It's sort of their answer to the Lane version, but again, of better quality.
Rich

4noggins.com

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I've added it to my list - Guess I'll have to add the McRaspberry to - so I can compare. I'm also wondering if this blend of black raspberry from a tobacconist in durango co is the exact same stuff... http://durangosmokeshop.com/

stylus156

Lurker
Mar 29, 2013
I received an ounce of this as a unexpected, but greatly appreciated, addition in an order from SmokingPipes - it is exceptional.
Easily lit, holds well, packs easily, great aroma with a subtle but sweet taste, and a nice, light aftertaste.
Highly recommend at least a try...
Respectfully, M.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Yes SmokingPipes is a great online site . They carry an amazing variety of tobaccos including this Lane's Black Rasberry . They offer excellent service & yes they do ship to us Canadians. I highly recommend them to any Canuck looking for a great dealer.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I also received a sample from smoking pipes with my order. I'm not an Aromatic guy. They all burn hot. But, with Black Raspberry it was truly delightful. In fact that's all I smoked that week. Everyone commented on its aroma.

I knew I had to buy more of this one. I placed an order for 20 ounces. All because of a sample. Thank you at smokingpipes.com.
Good people :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.