PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
I bought and ounce of Lane IQ which i tried and do not care for.I was wondering if anyone tried mixing it to perk it up. Any suggestions?

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I mix 1Q with Sutliff D-40 vanilla and cubed burley at a 45-45-10 ratio. Good flavour, more burley, and a bit more vitamin N. I call it the "Fat Bastard Blend".

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
1Q is that good blend for when you want some thing mellow that smokes easy. It has a light sweetness but for some I can see how it would be a little boring.
I'd say mix it 9.75 parts Old Joe Krantz to .25 parts 1Q. That should spice it up a little :rofl:

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Thanks for the input. While i don't have Sutliff D-40 I will give the OJK a try thanks

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
I have a couple pounds of random aro's I'm not really into. I find mixing 50/50 aro's to C&Ds chopped cigar leaf makes them tolerable, pleasant even. Plan on buying some blending Latakia to experiment even though I'm not a huge lat fan.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
1Q will mix with a lot of blends. Almost any black Cavendish, flavored or not, will mix nicely. Use

the 1Q about two to one, if you haven't tried this before. If you want a mild but somewhat livelier

aromatic, I like Lanes LL-7, just as easy a smoke but a somewhat more lively flavoring.

Jan 8, 2013
+1 for Carter Hall. I didn't care much for 1Q plain myself, but another member here gave me a jar of 1Q/Carter Hall and I really enjoyed it.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
Does anybody remember a blend called Contentment? I don't remember if Lane or Stokkebye made it. Mix 1Q with McClelland VBC 1 to 1. A perfect match.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I mix aros together that are of similar profile. Saves space. I have jar full of three different blends. You could of course mix them with whatever you want. I don't pretend to be a blender by any means and am largely of the thinking that I should leave it up to the experts and not mess with their blends.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Like msandoval858 said, it's mellow and smokes easy. I reserve it for those evenings when my brain is so fried from work that I don't want the hassle of deciding which mix to smoke. For those nights, it's a welcomed end to a rough day. Haven't tried anything weird with it yet, other than soaking some in Jose Cuervo. I actually haven't sampled it yet though.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
+1 derfargin. That is the only time I ever use burley: mixing it with something else to change it up a bit.
I got some year old 1Q I may have check in on, see what that is like 365 days later.

rockytopva

Lurker
Jul 30, 2014
1Q was one of the first blends I tried because I kept hearing it was the best selling aro. It does smell good but extremely mild and almost flavorless. Unless people are buying it as a blender I have no idea how it's such a top seller.

Mar 1, 2014
I didn't think it was great at first, and my first smoke of Molto Dolce wasn't amazing either.

Play with it a bit and see if you can't get more out of it (tight/loose pack, big bowl/little bowl, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.