Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe3rd1

Lurker
Jun 1, 2014
We'll, I just got done smoking another bowl of this new "backy" from Lane called Burley and Black and I have to say it is some of the best tasting "backy " I've tasted in a long time. Now I'm not a connoisseur of tobaccos as I've been a cigarette guy for the last 40 years with a brief stint smoking a pipe years ago. So I'm relatively new to smoking pipes.

With that being said, I bought a couple of pipes ( Missouri meerschaum cobs) and a couple of different packs of Captain Black, which were so-so! My son David known by you all as Birddog told me about this web site and pipesandcigars.com and I bought me a Savinelli and Lanes 1-Q and then I saw and read the description for there new blend Burley and Black and decided to try it. It's just like they said, " lightly sweet, cool smoking and INCREDIBLY SATISFYING that you can enjoy anytime, all day long. With breaking in my new Savinelli it was all I could do not to keep trying to suck all the smoke out all at once. Now it's been a while that I've had anything that made me want to have it all at once, but this is one that did.

So, if your looking to try out a new blend of "backy" then I highly recommend Lane's Burley and Black!!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I mix my own version -- maybe not as good -- with Lanes Burley Without Bite and the Cavendish on hand, which

right now is Altadis Dark Obsession, with a walnut topping. Or I'll use both the burley and McClelland's 5100

Red Cake Virginia. It's surprisingly good, one of the first mixes of mine that worked.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
We just received a sampler from Lane and it included the B&B. I took a deep whiff of it and it does have an inviting aroma. I think it's going to be a crowd pleaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.