PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
I just got some Lane bulk pipe tobacco. The RLP 6 and 1Q. I have tried the RLP and am pleasantly suprised. It has a great flavor smoke a easy and no bite for 2 bucks an ounce it is a great price. I was curious what y'all's take was on it.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Been smokin for some time and I would have to say I LOVE Lane bulk. Great price,taste...What more do you need..The HGL is also a great blend. I have never been much of a Perique fan either though!

peteross

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2012
Salida, CA
You can't beat the price for the quality. It is probably more suited to us aromatic smokers. Some of my daily smokes are Lane bulk offerings.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
Yes I am really happy with it and the price is great. It is very moist right out of the package. Even more moist than I like it despite my comments on the "Dry, Dry , Dry !" Post.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Other than 1Q, which is a decent aromatic, I've been disappointed with Lane bulk brands. They are far from horrible, but I think there are other far better choices out there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like 1Q, but I especially like their Burley Without Bite, both smoked alone and mixed with Virginia and Cavendish

and with other tobaccos. I prefer LL-7 to 1Q. It has a little more personality when I want an aromatic. I think Lanes

blends are good tobaccos at reasonable prices, and I have enjoyed their products.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
I have now smoked both the 1Q and RLP6 and I like the flavor and the easy smoke however it is moist. I think I was getting condensation in my mouth. It definitely needs to be dried out some before the next smoke.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
The only Lane tobaccos I've tried are 1-Q and HGL. I like them both, but I admit to using the 1-Q to blend with other tobaccos to alter the strength or flavor more than I smoke it straight. My current favorite blend using 1-Q is it and H&H Louisiana Red mixed 50/50.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
I dig 1-Q, but I am in love with MV-1000. I Also really enjoy BS-005, but then I love latakia.. Most of the Lane bulks are kind of take it or leave it, but surely there is at least one that everyone has as a go-to, if only to mix in or as an "if all else fails" kind of option.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I started smoking Lane bulk over 40 years ago.Still smoking it now.Mostly HGL and 1Q...HGL is a good blend for those who like to try a mild Latakia blend.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I like both Lane 1Q & RLP-6. Both taste good, have great smokability, won't tend to bite, and have a terrific room note. If you like the RLP-6, you shouldn't miss trying LL-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.