PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I am a fan of vanilla and right now 1Q mixed 50/50 with Lane's BCA is my everyday smoke. I am looking to add some more bulk to my cellar and wonder how the Sutliff D40 stands up to 1Q as far as a vanilla aro?

mikenac

Lurker
Jan 19, 2014
I have not smoked any D40, but I have smoked quite a bit of 1Q. If you are looking for even another option, give the 4noggins Otter Creek a shot. IMHO this is a much higher quality tobacco than 1Q, while being bit milder and lighter in vanilla topping.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I can't help you regarding the D40. But at the risk of complicating the matter, I would recommend Pipeworks & Wilke No. 191. Really top quality stuff with a great vanilla / honey flavor. Mettowee is P&W's straight vanilla, but I find 191 more interesting. The room note is among the best Mrs Perique has ever experienced.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, just a friendly recommendation :)

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm assuming you've already tried MacBaren's Vanilla Creme and Vanilla Creme flake. . .? (The latter isn't available in bulk, however.)
You might also want to check out two house blends from LJ Peretti: Ultra-lite and Black Virginia. You can check out Peretti tobaccos here: http://www.ljperetti.com/tobacco/tobacco_cavendish.html
Bob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Lane's 1-Q, and several Sutliff blends, but I haven't tried D40. I'd recommend Lane's LL-7; it's mild but

flavorful and has a lot of personality, to me.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
+1 for MacBaren Vanilla Cream/Flake, for Lane LL-7 (yum!), & for any of the Peretti blends - try their 432.

Status
Not open for further replies.