PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I know that lane 1Q has a huge fan base and I've tried it and thought it was just OK. I have read some reviews that compare Peter Stokkebye Nougat to it but say that the PS is a little sweeter. I was wondering if this were true and if you guys have tried it and what you think of it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Neither are tremendously complex, but would have to lean towards 1-Q. The Nougat is a bit too light in the flavor department and more goopy than 1-Q. Nougat also for some reason had a faint cigarette taste about it to me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You would probably like Lane's BC-A and RLP-6 if you thought 1-Q was just "okay". Both are a bit stronger in flavor.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
Bennington connoisseurs. Choice is really good for someone who likes 1Q. I can't say if it is stronger. I like it other than it is not cheap. CA and RLP are good to.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I find all these tobaccos, 1-Q especially, to be too mild and tasteless for me to smoke straight. I keep some of them around mainly to either use as filler to smooth out a too nasty or strong blend to round off some of the sharp corners or more often, to put a pinch in the bottom of the bowl well dried to be the dottle to be thrown away so I don't waste any of my better tobaccos.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A long time ago I smoked both 1Q and Nougat under other names as Tinder Box blends. I enjoyed them both for a while. I think I ended up preferring Nougat. Eventually, I abandoned it, to discover and smoke the rest years later ... and it was still pretty good to me. I guess that doesn't recommend my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.