PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Read so many people smokin the heck out of this baccy,bought a pound last night.Got a good buy on a Falcon w/2 bowls to smoke it in.Never smoked it before,hope i like it!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have been smokin PA,PS Navy Flake,Walnut,etc.I knew some of you folks love it and wanted somethin different.Best way to store it??Jar it up?

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I smoke Falcons and 1-Q, best way to keep it that I found is Mason jars.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I don't care much for aromatics, but 1-Q is what I go to when I have a sweet tooth because the tobacco flavor

comes through nicely. Best of both worlds, at times.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Way to commit to the blend! Never tried it and go for a pound! WOW! I ordered a sample a while ago and think it is just fine. Good go to smoke for sure.
I was at my local shop yesterday and told the clerk working that I enjoyed 1Q. He suggested Peter Stokkebye "Optimum" I have not smoked it yet but to me it smells like 1Q with vanilla,rum and a berry scent. Any one tried this one?

chromenut

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
I've heard nothing bot positive reviews on the Lane 1Q so I ordered a sampler. Did not end up liking it as much. Tried on three pipes, including my cob, and all seemed to have the same reaction - BITE. Okay flavor, not as aromatic as I expected. Think I'll go back to that Raisony smelling, wonderful tasting Haddo's Delight instead.
On the PeterS, I've not tried that one, but keep having people tell me to try the PS Pistachio. Even four dealers all suggested it. Must be good, going to be ordering a sampler next week, might try the Optimum too.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Way to commit to the blend! Never tried it and go for a pound! WOW!
Thats how the "OLE WEEZ"rolls Buster.Most think I should have been commited a long time ago!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Best way to store it??Jar it up?
Weezell I think you will enjoy 1Q. It's not overly complex but, rather simple.

It is light and mild... I like to smoke it for days at a stretch.

Then, smoke a boutique blend, and the flavors of that blend will leap out.

It is a most utilitarian pipe tobacco... and those around you will love the room note.
As for storing it:

I keep about a pound of 1Q in a large dark green "European Coffeehouse" bail-top jar and dipper into it every couple of days.

I take out what I'm going to smoke for one or two days and keep it in a roll-up tobacco pouch.

The bulk stays fresh and I don't have to worry about drying it before each bowl...

And, I always have some 1Q ready to travel in that roll-up.

This works quite well for me, been doing that way for years.

:puffy:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I'm becoming a big fan of 1Q.
I'd be interested in hearing what you think of your Falcon, Weezell. I have never smoked one.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I'm becoming a big fan of 1Q.
I'd be interested in hearing what you think of your Falcon, Weezell. I have never smoked one.
Oops, the computer did that!

Jul 15, 2011
I find that 1Q is a great smoke by itself, but you can have a lot of fun mixing it to get a more interesting smoke. I've blended it with Mississippi Mud, which is so good it's insanity. I've also mixed it with pure blending latakia, which was also insanely good, then with McClellands AM Pipe, which was not as good as the other two mixtures. Im gonna try mixing it with a pure burley next, maybe something like Storm Front.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I find that 1Q is a great smoke by itself, but you can have a lot of fun mixing it to get a more interesting smoke. I've blended it with Mississippi Mud, which is so good it's insanity. I've also mixed it with pure blending latakia, which was also insanely good, then with McClellands AM Pipe, which was not as good as the other two mixtures. Im gonna try mixing it with a pure burley next, maybe something like Storm Front.
Thanks for those suggestions, I love mixing up baccy's

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Thanks for all the input!Will keep you posted on the Falcon and how it performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.