Lane 125th Anniversary - Blend Recommendations?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes
24 Fresh Estate Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
We are planning on creating a new blend for Lane's 125th Anniversary. Before we started playing around here at the factory, I thought I'd reach out to pipesmagazine.com members and get your opinions.
What style of blend would you like to see added to the Lane portfolio?
(Note to the 34 people who emailed me last week: 'Something really, really similar to Edgeworth Ready Rubbed' will not be the blend.)

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Leonard,

I'd like to throw my hat in for the fabled Highland blend, as described by papipeguy (John) in THIS POST. Sounds wonderful!
-Jason

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Hunter: I was being (somewhat) tongue-in-cheek. 'Something really, really similar to ERR' will be a seperate, but no less worthwhile, project.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd like to see Lane's 125th anniversary blend be a bulk tobacco product, which could still come with

a colorful commemorative wrapper band. I would like to see it done as a flake with burley, Virginia,

unflavored Cavendish, and perhaps undertones of Latakia and Perique. I think non-aromatic would

hark back to the traditional roots. I realize all of this might be a reach -- price-wise and in terms of

marketing, but this is the blend that would be both traditional and surprising to me.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It seems to me that if you can find out what Lane's first blend was that it would be a good candidate or, at least, the oldest blend in your catalog. There were many great blends before the cigarette people decimated the line.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
How about a VaPer or a BurPer. Lane is missing such a blend from its portfolio. Maybe market it with 100% American for our 125th anniversary. Or all "natural"?

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I agree that a nice Virginia Perique blend, maybe

with a bit of Oriental or a light top note of

something complimenting the tobaccos.
Mike S.
PS. I really enjoyed your interview on the radio

show.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
How about a nice Latakia and Oriental blend. Heavy on the Latakia.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'll put in another vote here for a blend with historical connections to Lane's founding.
NOT Edgeworth, or any other brand that was licensed or acquired later on.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
How about a VaPer or a BurPer. Lane is missing such a blend from its portfolio. Maybe market it with 100% American for our 125th anniversary. Or all "natural"?
^^^^This!!!!

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I'm an aro guy and love ALL the lane blends, but I'm going to be outnumbered on the aro! So whith that anything (cause I'll still buy it) but a cool tin would be awsome...aka no sticker, real paint work..

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
An aged Red and Black Stoved Virginia Cake available in bulk would be a nice Anniversary Blend

Jan 8, 2013
I like aros and I like balkans. Every once in a while I'll mix the two together, sometimes something as simple as a balkan with a bit of lane bca added to it. I think this is something that can be enjoyed by both the smoker and someone else who may be present.

Status
Not open for further replies.