PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
F&K lancer slices I forgot about you but how did this happen....I guess I bought some last year and my this is a fantastic blend. I am looking to purchase more but there is some confusion. The lancer slices produced by Charles fairmon are they the same as F&K? also everything I see compares this to Bengal slices. I find the lancer to be more meaty with a strong Latakia and the Virginia remains in the background. The new STC Bengal slices I get a lot of the black cavendish leaving a very sweet smoke. Now that being said how do the lancer slices compare to the old Bengal slices. Finally where should I find these lancer slices because I forgot where I Purchased them from crazy TAD.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Fairmorn and F&K are the same, at least I've ordered both and tasted no difference. 4Noggins, Smokingpipes and Pipes and Cigars all have it in bulk.
And it compares to the Original Bengal the same as it does the new. It's a great, regal smoke, but it is only Virginia and Latakia. Bengal has the Black Cav, Orientals and that mysterious topping.

I went to scour the Briary for any trace of Bengal Slices when STP made their announcement, and I picked up the rest of what they had, with Skip ranting on and on, about how "Bengal Slices never ever ever sold, so why would someone bring them back..." I do like Lancer Sliced much better, but I don't see the two blends as being similar, except for the latakia. They both have it. But, Lancer's are what I would call a latbomb. It is a big ol dose of spicy latakia fer sure.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
I appreciate its simplicity as a nice break from exploring the sea of more complex blends. Some days, you just want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

As stated above, 4noggins has it very cheap.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I was enjoying some Lancer's Slices yesterday evening. What a fantastic blend. For being such a lat-bomb, it's cool, creamy, and simple in its own way that distinguishes it from other latakia-heavy blends. I tried smoking some over the summer and was not impressed. In January, however, it hits the spot - like sipping on a peaty scotch by the fireside.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Just got Lancers Slices today and although I've never had Bengal I find Lancer to be the closest thing so far to Penzance . Either way its very good!

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I never, ever understood how LS and BS were mentioned in the same breath. I enjoyed BS, and still enjoy LS, but damn, to my taste it's apples and oranges.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I agree with you jpberg. I enjoy both blends, and I'd wouldn't say they were comperable.
I think Bengal Slices is sweeter and a bit more delicate in flavor. Both outstanding blends in my opinion.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Just got Lancers Slices today and although I've never had Bengal I find Lancer to be the closest thing so far to Penzance . Either way its very good!
Where did you buy them from? They are out of stock at both smoking pipes and 4 noggins.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Hmmm must have just ran out as I got them from smokingpipes. Oh man I hope it comes back in stock, I really like it.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
So, 4Noggins finally got Lancer Slices back in stock. I definitely see similarities with Bengal Slices (mostly in the top dressing) but I love the cut of Lancer Slices much better. Not sure which one I prefer yet but just a heads up that it's back in stock at 4noggins.com

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
So far I prefer Lancers Slices over Bengal Slices, though I have only smoked 2 bowls of the latter which were not very inspiring. I've jarred the Bengal Slices for a re-evaluation in about 6-12 months, maybe longer (like others that I have forgotten for several years).

Status
Not open for further replies.