PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
So far, I have tried three scents, atlantic tide, teak wood and sea mist. I really didn't care for the first two but, the sea mist is ok. Does anyone else have a lamp? If so, what do you like?

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Was just looking at them today. Do they work well to get rid of the smoke odor?

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
It's a lamp that you light and let the flame burn for about two minutes. The flame heats a stone thats attached to a wick. Then blow out the flame and the stone burns the oil. You let it burn for about twenty minutes and it makes a room smell better.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I like the New Orleans scent smells like Magnolias in bloom. You can cut the scents 50/50 with 99% isopropyl alcohol. My wife makes one with estee lauder youth dew bath oil . Reminds me of . Well lets just say it is x-rated . :oops:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I've looked at them since I know a B&M here who carries it and claims it's the best thing to get rid of smoke odor. He claims it is quite a different thing than just having the plug-in things, etc.. since it actually counteracts the odor molecules in the air because the catalytic combustion actually generates low-level ozone. Kinda like the catalytic converter in your car actually combusts particles in your exhaust. Yadee, yadee, yadee :crazy:
So the question is: Does it really work to get rid of smoke odor ?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I don't know. I asked for a Lamp Burger and they gave me this:
hamburger.jpg

It did nothing for the smoke and it was barely warm. :rofl:

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Lampe Bergers are just fabulous for removing smoke from a room. We have at least four them. It can be expensive if you buy your fuel ($20/liter. Best to make your own. Cost goes down to about $3-$4 per liter.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
@ kcghost. How do you make your own fuel? Do you have some recipes you wouldn't mind sharing?

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
To make you own fuel you need two ingredients: the proper scent and the right alcohol.
For the alcohol you MUST use 91% alcohol. You cannot compromise and get the weaker stuff. You can get this at most drug stores.
For the scent just go to the mall to one of those scent store and buy some bottle of scent that you like, It's usually $5-$7 for a small bottle.
To load you lamp just fill it 2/3rds full with alcohol and then put in one or two drops of scent. You will learn the appropriate dosage of scent by trial and error. If two drops is too strong back off to one drop. If it is too weak make it three drops.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
I just picked one up today, I will be testing it out tonight and will see if the wife complains in the morning.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
It passed the first test! Smoked a bowl of FVF then used the Lampe Berger for 20 min and the room smelled great no smoke odor at all. The next test will be smoking some Lancer's Slices and see how it works on that pungent odor.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
That's interesting johnny. I've never used it for smoke odor's. I've only used it in the bedroom for 20 minutes before I go to bed. It's like going to sleep in a different place or like being on vacation to me. I might have to use it in the home office though. I like to smoke in there sometimes with a window open and a fan blowing out.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
I've "stunk" up the room real good with with a bowl each of Lancer's Slices, and Billy Budd. Now to see if the Lampe Berger works well enough to pass the test of the wife's golden nose.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I have one, I don't use it that often because I don't smoke inside and it works too good...
light it for 30 min max, and my whole house smells great...
some of the scents i've tried can be too strong, might have to think about diluting the fuel...

Status
Not open for further replies.