PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
We had a Bulldog night and hands down the winner of the nicest bulldog was Lowell's Dunhill. What a gorgeous pipe with the nicest stem I've ever seen in person. Here's a couple of pictures of the gang.
The highlight for me was meeting Carl, he made it to his first club meeting after trying to get to the last few. Carl is suffering from a pretty tough battle with his health so smoking a pipe is one of life's little pleasures that help him through the days. It was fun watching him laugh at us with all of our gear as he showed up with one pipe, a pouch of tobacco and a bic lighter. He tried a few different blends and then settled in for a bowl of Carter Hall from the tub I brought to the meeting. He thoroughly enjoyed it so before he left we made sure he had a big ziplock bag to take home with him. Carl had a grin from ear to ear throughout the night and I think we made him forget about some of the daily struggles he has. It was an absolute pleasure meeting him along with the other new attendees.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Most excellent. Looks like a good time.
I seemed to have missed your thread/post on your new Brebbia bull dog. Which one was it? I have this one:
0073-600x450.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for taking and posting the pics Brian. Much appreciated. Lowell's pipe was a stunner. I also enjoyed the fact that it was a 'rescue'. Purchased as an estate with a hairline fracture in the shank at the stummel, it was sent to and repaired by Les Wood who added a 14k gold square band ... delicious.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.