PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
A while back I asked a question about Lakeland blends and the waters were a bit muddy as to a classification of blends vs some blends of certain manufacturers (SG annd G&H). The only certainties that came about were specific blends, for that those who have tried them, were definitely Lakeland and that these said blends would ghost a pipe.
I am primarily an aero smoker and do not dedicate pipes, however the warnings about Lakeland blends has me at least considering dedicating one pipe to Lakelands. So, I wanted to start a thread that people could come to and ask if a blend was a Lakeland blend.
I have coming SG Firedance Flake and will be ordering SG Kendall Cream (when it is back in stock) and SG Chocolate Flake. Of those I listed are any / all Lakelands?
SG Firedance Flake

SG Kendall Cream

SG Chocolate Flake

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Fire Dance is not a Lakeland. But to me, it is an awful blend, smelling like sweaty feet and tasting like I'd imagine such feet would taste. I stayed with it for half a tin, but that's all I could take.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The only time I tried Firedance flake I could swear I was tasting puke. It honestly tasted like I puked in my mouth and I could only get a few puffs in before I dumped it. I had read all the reviews and it sounded like it would be real tasty and I was really looking forward to it. There are plenty of people who love it so it is worth a shot. The other 2 I have no experience with and now I totally stay away from any SG that has kind of topping. I had such good luck with SG Best Brown, St James and FVF that I figured this would be just another winner from the house of Sam. I hope you enjoy it and do not get the same reaction that I did. The tin description sounds so damn tasty.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Firedance wasn't as bad as all that. Certainly not my cup of tea though.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
There is no accounting for tastes! I bought a tin of FD flake and have smoked a couple of bowls and find it pleasant although aros are my least favorite type of tobacco. Smells and tastes like blackberry and rum to me. Like Jamaican black rum cake. LOL it is funny that it tastes like puke to cigrmaster! My puke tastes like gin, whiskey and chips!

Status
Not open for further replies.