PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

talos

Lurker
Apr 24, 2019
Hello, I have fond memories of a cherry blend being smoked by an old friend. About 7 years ago I tried my first pipe and I didn't care for the type of tobacco it was. I would like to find a bend with sweet taste and a sweet aroma.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I have found Boswell aromatics to fit that description. Christmas Cookie is particularly good. Sutliff vanilla custard is another notable. And there is the much loved Lane limited 1Q.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome. We have too few women members, so your presence if valued. The sweetest of blends is probably Molte Dolce from Sutliff. There is quite an array of cherry blends, so you might want to try around with small quatities, all the way from highly cherry to very subtle tobacco-forward blends. I would recommend you try Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic (not the regular SWR) which is burley base, Virginia as a condiment, and flavoring with three liqueurs. You could sample that in a pouch at modest cost, to see if you like it.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Howdy & welcome from the piedmont of SC! Concur on Blood Red Moon. It's a truly interesting blend! If you want to look at something other than cherry, Sutliff's 245 ZBC is also nice. It's a sweet smoke & has a marvelous room note. Review here -- http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/11572/sutliff-tobacco-company-zbc-245
Bill

nunnster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2019
Cherry tobacco's were my first love, and i tired more than I could count. Cult blood red mood is top notch, as well as lanes dark red. Another cherry blend that I really enjoyed was casey Jones last ride, but since moving on to other types of tobacco and going back to it I have found that one to impart a werid, off flavor. Not bad or chemically, just, off. One thing I can tell you I dont like is any of the OTC chery blends. I find them all to taste like chemicals or cough syrup.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Welcome from SO CAL!

489 is right on, Molte Dolce is a good blend, but can be a bit goopy if you don't dry it out a bit!

Another good one with vanilla & cherry is Hobbits Weed which you can get at 4 Noggins...

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Welcome! Two blends I like with some cherry smell are Rattray's Blossom Temptation and HU Jerry Saronno. I'm in Europe and don't know how easily available these two are in California.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Whoops, didn't catch that this was a revived thread. Well, talos Lady from California, drop by any time and let us know how the pipe smoking is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.