PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Well thought this would never happen to me. When I got into pipes about a year ago and was trolling around the website, I'd see all the different lighters and prices people have paid for them. I always assumed I'd stick to the cheap bic or slightly more expensive zippo/pipe insert lighter. After a year of constant refills and never having the zippo work when I need it most, I finally gave in. I decided to take the plunge and pick up an IM Corona.....after making sure my banker (wife) said it was alright, haha. Pretty excited when it arrived in the mail today and can't wait to try it out tomorrow! Added a couple photos, like the matte black look and hope it retains the color/lack there of over the years.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Bad ass! I have the same disease too. Got a used DuPont Ligne 2 and now am looking at a used dunhill. My IM Corona I bought new (a Laurel) and it works perfect. It's Matt black like yours and does show minor signs of being loved. Don't worry, these things can be maintained to last a lifetime or two. Use it as any tool.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Those lighters are so awesome. I may ask for one for my b-day. Are they butane or fluid?

Jan 8, 2013
Very nice. I've been wanting a similar lighter for quite some time. Still haven't gotten around to it though... mainly because I'll end up buying a pipe instead! That's a nice one. Enjoy the heck out of it. :)

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
That is one smoking, haha, lighter. I'm still a victim of Zippos, and you can't beat the great cover art. Here's a new one, sent out for a pipe insert:

ci018742-1941f-copy_zpsrwqy8bsg-405x600.jpg

Call me a male chauvinist pig.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
I've read the Zippo flints are better since they're a bit softer

Status
Not open for further replies.