PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I say they're French. I also say that the bang for your buck is pretty good (well-made pipes, but not a lot of collector interest).

armonts

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2018
France
It was an old traditional brand of St Claude / France that was erected 10 years ago, old heather and quality pipes.

It remains of the stock which has been taken back, one finds on the net.

Well considered in France.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
The early ones made by Jean LaCroix, were mostly classic shapes and superb smokers. When Elan ( Jean’s son) took over the quality began to slide. At one time there was a rumour that Dunhill was purchasing a number of stummels from Jean. True or not, I can’t say. I have yet to hold the current renditions in hand, but for the price, they look ok.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

Oct 7, 2016
No idea of current product. Pipestud had some new old stock he sold in 2016, outrageously good Algerian briar. I first saw them when he was almost out, bought one, wish I had gotten more. I have an older long shank cochineal stained Lovat graded Cardinal puchased in the 1990's as an estate piece at a show, the saddle bit on that one is labeled hand cut,is made with a little step in the underside and is the most comfortable lucite bit I have ever smoked.

mikeysmokes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2018
Ohio, USA
Well, I took a shot and bought it. I think there were 4 total when I looked earlier and when I looked recently there was only one so I grabbed it.

armonts

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2018
France
No, there are about fifty.
https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjopOGd39XZAhXIaVAKHVvmCa8QFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.smoking.fr%2Fpipes-lacroix-saint-claude-c-22_24_293.html&usg=AOvVaw0Ih-z5aycoU1TuXt4UopEk

Status
Not open for further replies.