PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Besides SP, Tobacco Pipes, Pipes & Cigs and Pipe guys, where else can I buy Tabac Manil La Petite Robin? The above mentioned, they are out stock. Pipe Guys just got an order in but their PayPal doesn't work.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
That’s what I’m not sure of. I’m at the end of the checkout phase and there’s all the major credit cards under a Paypal banner, a terms and conditions you have to read and click and a button that says Proceed to PayPal. When I touch the button, I get a message that PayPal is not available at the moment. I’m at work so this is sooo much bullshit.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've never been able to get that site to work. I emailed a few times and got no response.
I rooted through every nook and cranny until I finally found an associated phone number. Called, left message. No reply.
Sent a text. Got a "Who is this?" reply. Explained I was a customer for said site. Go a "Do not contact again." response.
Assumed it was defunct and gave up. This was maybe a year ago.
So, you like that Tabac Manil stuff, eh?
I sent a PM with a link to one variant in stock. HERE'S a nice summary of all 3 types.
jay-roger.jpg

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
[/quote]So, you like that Tabac Manil stuff, eh?
Oh, yes, I do. Much more than I thought I would. I’m part Belgian Flemish, so maybe it’s hereditary. Bought a brick of la Brumeuse after sampling your generous gift of same and now I want to add the other two varieties to my ‘baccy lair.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Us mid-Atlantic boys gotta look out for one another!
That whole "company" is a one man show, so be patient. When the nest crop comes in, have your milk money saved so you can pounce.
jay-roger.jpg

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
When it comes in it goes quick. Last round was La Brumeuse and Reserve du Parton but no La Petite Robin. It's all the same tobacco just cut differently. Thick, medium, and fine.
It will be back, just have to be patient.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hope this doesn't mean there's a choke point in Tabac-Manil Semois tobaccos. The thick cut is among my favorite tobaccos, followed by medium cut. By comparison, my experience with Petit Robin made it seem tame, but now that I am exploring mild and medium blends, I might reconsider, if it becomes available again. It's a blend rather than single leaf, and shag cut rather than medium or thick, so it is a different experience. I hope the crazy heat in Europe won't diminish the leaf crop in Belgium.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I thought one of the three blends had an additional component.
EDIT: The Petit Robin is about 30% Semois and another secret "golden" tobacco, per the link above.
jay-roger.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I have never been able to order via Pipe Guys site. It is always a jumble of code and the purchase doesn't go through. I finally decided to scrap, trade, beg as the only way I was able to stock up on these blends. I wish there was easier way to obtain the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.