La Brumeuse Semois is Here in the USA!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here's a great La Brumeuse Semois Review by RomeoWood, along with a link at the end to place your order.
At press time (1:15 pm USA east coast time) the order page on The Pipe Guys is not quite ready yet, but should be up by 3 or 4 pm. Just keep trying it.
I've smoked this tobacco and think it is quite special, and also that Mr. Robert's review is dead on.
Check it out -

Play Misty For Me

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I bagged one. I recall last May sitting and chatting with Kevin in the smoking tent at the Chicago Show, when he handed me a pouch of Semois, and invited me to try a bowlful. I traded him a bowl of my Peretti's D-7485, and we both puffed away in contentment.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I have the feeling this will be a polarizing tobacco, either loved or reviled. It's certainly unique. Can't wait to hear others chime in when their shipments arrive--do tell!

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Just bought a cob, as suggested in another thread, in anticipation of the arrival of the Semois.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Definitely a good call on the cob, elpfeife. As I mentioned it will leave its mark in a pipe; it also just tastes great in the cob. I do have a couple briars I reserve for cigar leaf blends, and the Semois smoked differently in them for sure--the flavors were a shade muted on the florals, deeper on the backbone smoky / spicy angle. And they completely took over the pipe.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
As all you that have ordered likely know by now, the shipment has been delayed. Jon, of the Pipeguys, says they will include an informational sheet on the "care and feeding" of this tobacco when it does go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.