PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
USPS just delivered my Semois. Tried a bowl. Not to my liking. PM me if you would like the rest. No charge.

It taste like what I can only imagine a Lakeland cigar would taste like, if there were such a thing. But, it may be just what you're looking for.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
There is no Lakeland essence in Semois ... sorry you didn't like it though!
I find that a pinch of Perique is a very nice addition to a bowl of Semois.
Also, re-hydrating it with a small amount of Irish Whiskey and jarring for a few months wasn't bad.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Bigpond, I just checked my messages. Don't have any. Or so it says. Dustmite, you asked first, so i guess it's yours. Let me know where to send it.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Odd...my outbox shows a message sent. Maybe there is an internal delay.
Hi there, I've really wanted to try Semois for some time, but I always seem to run out of a staple when it's time to order. If you have any left please let me know I'll be happy for any amount you care to part with. I will reimburse you the cost of shipping. Sadly I don't have a huge stash to trade but if there's something you're interested in I might be able to arrange something. Please drop me a line if you need my shipping info. best, Finn

SENT: 06/17/15 AT 11:11:12 PM TO MAXPETERS
Still stands. But either way, it's great of you to offer it here :worship:

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Well, I don't know what to say guys. I just checked my messages again and I still show none in my inbox. Maybe it takes a while? I will keep checking periodically.

Dustmite, up to you if it's ok to split this between you and bigpond. It's 3 1/2 oz. so there's plenty. I will wait for your message though.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Splitting it up would be great. I just want to try some. The more the merrier, and all that...

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
OK booker, thanks. That did it. Appreciate the help. My apologies to dustmite and bigpond. Received your messages, and I'll get this stuff sent out to you in the next day or two.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Thanks again, MP. Package arrived yesterday, and I finally got around to sampling this. I found this to be quite a pleasant smoke. Tin (bag?) note was a medium anise smell. Packed easy, one light and I'm halfway through the bowl with no fussing. Fairly strong vitamin N kick. I can see this becoming a go-to for me. Again, thank you so much.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
One bowl of a tobacco is not enough to make an evaluation based upon experience.

This particular tobacco is quite distinctive and somewhat unique and unusual. It's worth having some on hand for those times when you are feeling adventurous or bored, if nothing else, at least until you've given yourself a chance to overcome your initial 'perceptions'.

There is one tobacco that I might be more understanding of buyer's remorse, and I'd bet that if I kept 'learning' it I'd miss it after awhile. (Mixture 79)

The nic in that semois is healthy.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Definitely wasn't passing final judgment, but so far I found it enjoyable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have some on hand; I really enjoy Semois. However, it is not to everyone's taste. If you like it, you really like it. If you don't, it's a real stinker.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Semois to me is utterly distinctive, reminding me of no other tobacco I've smoked. There's barnyard in its aroma and an exotic wildness in its taste. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.