PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Something about Greek carvers that's just been doing it for me lately. Joining my 2 Anastasopoulos pipes is my first from Michail Kyriazanos. A sandblast Dublin, short and petite, with an oblong rim. The diminutive saddle bit stem feels great in the mouth. At a hair over .8oz, it's a good looking clencher. Can't wait to fill it with something well aged and sweet.
Anyone else have a Kyriazanos?
DIAn9qe.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I've got a couple Kyriazanos pipes. I really like that Dublin. I can't say a bad thing about the guy, and he's one of the best carvers in my opinion.

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Length: 5.52 in./140.21 mm.

Weight: 0.86 oz./24.49 g.

Bowl Height: 1.70 in./43.18 mm.

Chamber Depth: 1.45 in./36.83 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm. Outside Diameter: 1.45 in./36.83 mm.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
My favorite quality is how large the bowls are in the ones I've seen.
Yes, I noticed the same. For example, another 'smallish' Michail Kyriazanos dublin at roughly 5"; and the capacity of the bowl is vast! The larger bowl makes it more versatile for my use.
002-629-0075_1.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Forgot to mention another aspect of the pipe that I really like. The tenon is steel (I assume) and is extra long. Love when carvers go the extra mile to strengthen a pencil shank!
Va5GNpk.jpg

michail

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 7, 2015
Paros, Greece
Thanks for posting this.

I'm glad you like the pipe, the truth is although is a dublin-skater combination -an extra hint- I designed the pipe based on the front and back ends of the Greek traditional boats.
Hope you enjoy it,

Michail

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Thanks for posting this.

I'm glad you like the pipe, the truth is although is a dublin-skater combination -an extra hint- I designed the pipe based on the front and back ends of the Greek traditional boats.
Didn't know you posted here! Great info to have.. I really enjoy this pipe. The super thin stem is just how I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.