PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Gathering inspiration from Banjo I fell for this lovely little flame grained masterpiece by Michail Kyriazanos.
4X6o2q4.jpg

The size and weight hit perfectly inside my preferred parameters. My 2nd Kyriazanos..smokes as nice as it looks.
q0rWZiS.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Oh no...not another narcissist who takes selfies :rofl:
Seriously though, doesn't the pith in the bamboo give off any taste to the smoke? I also wonder if rot might set in if not adequately dried after smoking, again due to the pith being absorbent.
I only have one bamboo shanked pipe and that's a 1940's - 1950's Missouri Meerschaum cob that I don't smoke.
Regards,
Jay.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Nice pipe bluegrass! He makes a great pipe. I picked up a little lovat from him in Chicago this year that I can't put down. Enjoy your new pipe! :puffy:

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
When you're this flawless Jay, a selfie is your gift to the world.
It's my second bamboo shank (the other is Il Duca) and I've not noticed any flavor being imparted. I assume just like any other wood, once it's properly dried/cured it's relatively problem free.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
He makes a great pipe and that is no exception, I hope it smokes like a dream for you.

banjo

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Michail has REALLY stepped his game up over the last couple years... another smashing pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.