PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Loved the Jody Davis episode!
Just two comments:
First, kudos to Brian for his take on the Escudo. He's said in the past how reluctant he is to review blends on the show, but he did a great job. It helped, no doubt, that he was focusing on a blend very much in his wheelhouse. But he did a fine job, and I'd love to hear more such evaluations in the future.
Second, Brian, I don't know where you're getting your digital music, but every single iTunes album I've ever bought downloaded in the correct track order. If you're seeing alphabetical track listings, you just need to click on the headings for that particular album. It's your own settings, not the providers, that are determining how you're seeing the tracks.
Bob

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
You guys do great work, the radio show is the highlight of my weekend.
Thanks guys.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Bob, I was going to say the same thing.
I loved the "Escudo Challenge" and I was a little surprised by the results. Good job, Brian.
And yeah, you've apparently set your player to sort alphabetically by title. I've never had a problem with any downloaded albums appearing with the tracks in proper order.
I always assumed you were a vinyl guy, Brian.

jhhicks

Lurker
Jul 3, 2013
Indiana
Another great episode! I really enjoyed the Escudo review - in fact, the tin description the week before left me very excited for the tasting portion this week! I, too, was surprised with the results! Thanks for that tobacco review, Brian.
The Jody Davis interview was top notch. I couldn't help but think that he's the Grant Batson opposite - pipes first then guitars. Unfortunately I didn't care for the music, but that's just a personal preference.
Keep up the great shows!
Suggestion - I'm not sure why, but the audio levels for the PipesMagazine.com shows are always a lot lower than any of the other podcasts that I download. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but if there is a way to bring the overall levels up, that would rock! (Podkicker on Android)

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Great show, listened to it over the weekend.
Here's a question/scenario maybe Brian wants to kick around that shares a loose tie with your escudo review.
We all know how to store tobacco in jars so that it ages well, but how would you suggest you store a tobacco if you DIDN'T want it to age. I know pretty much everyone enjoys buying in bulk, or 10+ tins at a time to save a little money, but now you've got all this tobacco you don't want to age, but keep very fresh for as long as possible.
Suggestions?
Airtight jars in the freezer to slow down any microorganisms?
Probably not worth the hassle, just keep buying it fresh from the blender, but It's the only question I've got. :crazy:
Suggestion - I'm not sure why, but the audio levels for the PipesMagazine.com shows are always a lot lower than any of the other podcasts that I download. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but if there is a way to bring the overall levels up, that would rock! (Podkicker on Android)
I've noticed this too. It will either have to do with their microphone setup, or that they haven't figured out how to turn the volume up, or no one has mentioned it before now and they can easily turn it up. But yes, PLEASE crank up the volume.
I also listen to the podcast on an android via podkicker in case it is only the droid kicker users who experience this.

I don't think that there's a way to make tobacco go into stasis like that, ...well, without building some sort of science fiction thing. While I think Brian was going for the perfect age for "his" palate, I don't think that letting it age beyond his recommended time is going to hurt anything. I've heard stories of really, really old Escudo.
Keep in mind that a review is an opinion. I liked Brian's opinion, but it's not the rule. :wink:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I never said it was a GOOD idea... just an idea.
I think if we try hard enough we could figure it out.
For science!

Status
Not open for further replies.