PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Does anyone own a Kriswell pipe? and if you do how do they smoke? I know they are owned by Erik Nording.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
i don`t have one but checked them out, they look nice and i bet they smokw well.

arko

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've never smoked one, but I've refurbished a couple that went along to other smokers. They seem to be fine pipes, good engineering and all. Only reason I didn't keep 'em in my own rotation was that the shapes didn't really speak to me.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Here is a picture of one of mine. I like the pipes, pretty darn nice pipe for the money. This is a nice little pick axe, about six inches long.
kriswellMedium.jpg

kriswell2Medium.jpg

The Kriswell Snowflake.
kriswell3Medium.jpg

bluzman54

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
I have a couple and they are nice pipes that smoke well. For the money a good value for a well made pipe.
JMHO

smess653

Lurker
Mar 25, 2015
I've done some research over the last couple days. The Kriswill Danish company was bought out in the 70s. There's widespread speculation that says Stanwell bought them out. The are appears to have changed to kriswell after the sale while the pipes were being made by Eric nording. I'm not really sure whether this was while the company was owned by Stanwell. The company was moved to France after the sale.

Unfortunately there is so little information out there that it's hard to patch together all the little tidbits.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a sandblast. Looks like a precursor to an acorn. The bit is terribly small, so it doesn't serve me well as a clencher, but it does smoke rather well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nording had another line of factory pipes, Eriksen, a few years ago. I bought one of these new, a bent billiard, and believe they are excellent smokers, and what's more, incredibly solid little pipes, perfect pocket pipes for travel or toting around work or town. They are a bit utilitarian looking, but that is because they are utilitarian, in the best sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.