PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I don't know what the draw is; but I am hooked on these. I only have three at the moment, a white briar 14, a 98S, and a white briar 01, but I have a Canadian on the way. Here is the harem so far...
20151203_185308_zps3zqztopf.jpg

The 4 will satisfy my basic shapes and go from straight to full bent. What should I be on the lookout for next?

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Right?
I just finished a bowl of Va/Bur/Lat/Per in the bulldog. It smoked very well :)
The bulldog and yacht have 3 hole stingers; but the billiard has a 4 hole stinger. I am on the billiard with an aro and it is pretty nice and cool.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I'm on the lookout for a Chesterfield. It was kaywoodie's version of a peterson system pipe. I think it only came in churchwarden size.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
gambit88, The Chesterfield could be had in smaller sizes as well. There are interesting post-war Chesterfield revival pieces that are quite normal in size.
Randell's, Welcome to the support group, I mean enablers, erm... I mean club.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
FYI, all of the new production Kaywoodies are now standard push stem without the stinger. Very nice pipes for very little money. WVsmokeshop has a nice selection to choose from.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I have a Kaywoodie White Briar full bent, mine gurgles like crazy though even with the stinger removed.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I really wanted a Chesterfield myself when I first started smoking and adding to my rotation of pipes. I found a Yello Bole Chesterfield and still have it. Its a very nice smoker which I put very close to as good as my Savinelli Dry Smoker. A nice way to get a Peterson copy P-Lip. There are a few System Pipe copies if you watch for them. A SWISS, A Savinelli, A Well Pipe, & WDC come to mind. I don't even have a Peterson at this time. I had a small one but sold it. The Dr Grabow Omega is not a system pipe. They pop in eBay from time to time.
As purchased:

bhejya.jpg

After some TLC:

27y1m3t.jpg

I also have a miniature:

2nlxzjo.jpg

11h8few.jpg

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
That's beautiful Hawke! I need to learn how to do a little TLC on mine. Especially the bits.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mine aren't select, but good little burners -- a Ruf-Tone Drinkwell author and a push-bit straight panel pot Saxon. I'll take a look at the WV site, but I have too many pipes. Hard to say it, but true, true. I go for a smoke and pick one off the rack and say to myself, "Oh, I remember this!"

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
@Buroak,
I didn't know that. All the Chesterfields I've seen have been churchwardens. I do have a WDC Wellington that smokes well and a Yello Bole Chesterfield that's in the restoration process.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Sitting out on the patio with my three kaywoodies
20151206_163852_zpsgzh5bxdh.jpg

I have some virginia / DFK coin for the yacht, VBLP for the bulldog, and virginia / cavendish for the billiard, in that order. It has been drying out all day so it should be a good time.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
If you are wanting to add to your Kaywoodie line check out ebay. They are all in different conditions and prices. Most appear to be in quite good shape. A 1940's Bulldog went begging over the weekend.

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
Just won this, apparently unsmoked and apparently '38 Yello-Bole:

MNpgdiK.jpg

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Nice!
I missed a billiard by 50 cents... 50 CENTS! I let another one go when it hit $31.
Yep, I am a cheapie :)

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
If i can ever figure out the process for pictures on here ill post them. A friwnd gave me a Kaywoodie Standard a while back. It needs a little resto work, but does smoke very nicely. Some very nice looking pipes on this thread indeed! Already giving me ideas and got me searching fore more!

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Josh-
You need to upload your photos to an online site, like photobucket, to be able to link to the thread (s). After that it is pretty easy.
You wojld go to the picture you want to post, click on the share icon, and copy the url. If you notice, there is a little grey box with IMG above the text box when you are posting. Click on the box and paste the url.

Status
Not open for further replies.