Know Who Made "Natural" Pipe With Lion Logo?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. "Santa" got me a couple pipes for a song and one has a lion in a shield logo with only "*NATURAL*" above "imported briar" on the shank. It is a square shank bulldog (?) and resembles very closely this one still on fleabay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-IMPORTED-BRIAR-WOOD-TOBACCO-PIPE-NATURAL-BRAND-/161925791127?hash=item25b3877d97:g:O-YAAOSw7FRWab~Y
Though mine doesn't have the lion logo on the stem, it seems to go with the pipe. Alas, Santa didn't bring me any gosh darn batteries for my camera. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.
-Michael

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It's hard to see the logo clearly but that fact that your pipe is stamped "Imported Briar" tell me that it is American made. I could not find anything on the Pipe Markings and Logos site. Good luck with your search.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Thanks pipeguy. :)
I figure this is a second or third string player, it happened to come with a heavily lacquered KBB with a wanky stem. I've read so many threads on this forum, my head swims trying to remember who made what, when, etc. I'll find it eventually. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.