PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Seems to be a shop in Paris... but they carry their own line too... here's their link: http://www.pipe-du-nord.com/p/177/home.php
I was looking at their A LA PIPE DU NORD line... small,. but interesting. Inexpensive. Seems to be made at their workshop. I like that they sell small bent chimneys...
Anyone familiar?
Thanks, G
(Edited title, please see rule number 9.

Thank you, Robert.)

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I don't know anything about them, but they do look nice. Very good looking shapes. The paneled Prince just has that little bit "extra" that makes it stand out.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Damn! Looks like a super place to visit. Missed it entirely in my visit to Paris late last year. Now I have to go back! Great find.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I've got a couple of Pierre's pipes that I bought a couple of years ago - a natural smooth canted egg and a straight, natural, smooth billiard with a heavy nickel band. Both are still going strong and have coloured beautifully. Very smooth smokers. I can't post pics as I'm in NYC working on a company laptop, but both Zack Hamric and I have posted about them in the past.
Pipe du Nord is 2 minutes walk from Gare du Nord in Paris and is well worth a visit. It's unusual for 2 reasons: Pierre only sttocks pipes, no tobacco, and his workshop is at the back of the store and vidible from the counter.
Hope thst helps,
Andy

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
You know, from looking more closely at the site, I would say excellent prices for what appears to be a hand made pipe! Very impressive.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
They look cool -- classic French-style pipes -- and they're hand-made.
From the Pierre Voisin workshop , pipes stamped A Northern Pipe guarantee a good quality of heath in traditional forms at a very wise price .
And for lovers of remarkable wood, Pierre Voisin created 1867 , a name referring to the year of creation of the magazine "In the Northern Pipe" . These pipes are the high-end home fabrications. Made in the most beautiful parts of heather, the 1867 is the result of a long craft experience. Working alone in his workshop, Pierre Voisin and provides smokers demanding the opportunity to acquire an exceptional piece in a price range that is reasonable .

johnscs

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2009
I've visited à la Pipe du Nord numerous times over the years and definitely recommend making a trip! I made my most recent pipe purchase there last summer and had a great time breaking in my new pipe and chatting with Mr. Voisin and the young woman working there (I think her name is Marie-Aurélie). I bought a flawless sandblast Canadian billiard with a gracefully crafted shank and stem. The shop offers a pretty nice range of pipes and brands at surprisingly reasonable prices. Many of the brands carried by the shop are French (Chacom, Butz-Choquin, Genod, among others), and Mr. Voisin also sells some proprietary pieces (again, at very fair prices). The shop is small, but I was very kindly welcomed. It's also very conveniently located just a short walk from Place de la République; the Jacques Bonsergent Métro station is also located right out front (just go up the stairs, and the shop is just steps away). If you pay a visit, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh brother, those are right up my alley. I'd better stay away from that site. Along those lines, I have a bent Genod egg that is rather small, nice and light weight, but has a really ample bowl for its size that doesn't overheat. French pipes in general -- Chacom, Butz-Choquin, Ropp, EWA, etc. -- seem to deliver a lot of pipe for their price point, to say the least.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
They do look elegantly balanced, simple & very light pipes, so much so I'm having one. Not sure about the briar though, would their house pipes be Virgin?

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Mine arrived a couple of days ago, lovely pipe. Light as a feather slim canted Dublin. Sings like a canary.

Status
Not open for further replies.