PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
So how about this? Does it look too "Star Wars"?
Pipe_170-1.JPG

Pipe_170-3.JPG

Pipe_170-9.JPG

Pipe_170-11.JPG

Pipe_170-2.JPG

Pipe_170-4.JPG

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Wow! The shape compliments the grain perfectly or vice-versa. It looks good from any angle but the shot from the bit end is amazing. You post some cool pictures on here Adam12.

adam12

May 16, 2011
You post some cool pictures on here Adam12.
Yeah but none of it is actually pipes I own. It's just stuff I think is cool. Of course, this pipe isn't all that pricey, but I think they only made one. So whoever has it isn't letting it go.
From the side it looks like boba fett ship.
That's what I was thinking, I just couldn't remember which spaceship it was.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful pipe, one like I have never seen before. Maybe star wars characters need to smoke pipes like this..

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Anyway, about the pipe... this is an example of the form getting in the way of the function. Without being able to touch it, it seems to me those edges would not be very comfortable to hold (or at least less than a rounded shape). And I doubt it would sit securely in a pipe rest or rack. Don't get me wrong, it looks beautiful and is a great art piece. But as a functional, usable pipe, I'm just not so sure.

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
I'm with bigvan on this. It is beautiful as can be, great grain, but I feel it is more of a display piece and not a smoker.

adam12

May 16, 2011
I guess it's all in the beholder, because I'd smoke the hell out of it. That thing is beautiful, but I bet it smokes like a dream.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Wow, that is amazing. If I paid the bucks, I would smoke it, clean it and make a case just for it. I would find an occasion to get it out once a year.
Something about it hits me right. I agree, it looks like it would not smoke comfortable but, I would for the looks.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I think you would be surprized once you held it. Looks very comfortable to me.
And since I'm more of an Anime watcher, to me it looks like a shield deflecting a blast of hot fire. I imagine a warrior behind it screaming and the heat singes his face. He emerges unharmed, and shield smoking.
I realize I'm alone in this perspective...
The 2nd to last picture does remind me of Han Solo in carbonite though... hmmm.

adam12

May 16, 2011
But would it feel good to hold with that ridge in the middle of the sides?
I'm thinking that's short enough to "pinch", although it might feel like you're grabbing a jar or lid by the sides. It is pretty intriguing to think about how you'd hold the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.