PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonn

Lurker
Sep 13, 2013
I recently purchased "Brigham Klondike Gold" from pipesandcigars. I couldn't find too many reviews online, but I decided to give it a try. I received the tin, and was a little disappointed since the bottom of it is crushed. Looks like someone might have tried stacking too many..But as for the tobacco!

fatws7.jpg
2lwram0.jpg

Let me just say this is all based on my opinion. I am still new to pipe smoking....With that said, this was the most bland, tongue burning, grass-like smoke I've tasted. The presentation of it is wonderful. A nice not-to-moist flake, ready to be packed. I guess I am mostly used to sweeter aromatics. It has no casing at all and is a perfect simple Virginia tobacco.

Out of 5 stars I would give it a 3. If you are used to cased aromatics, you might not enjoy this. However, if you are looking for a light and normal tobacco flavor, this is perfect.
Jonn

Dec 24, 2012
Wow, there is a lot of love for this blend on here. I think it is one of the best pure VA flakes out there. It sounds like you are an aromatic guy, though, so you should probably stick to those blends. Like all VAs, this needs to be cut properly, loaded precisely, and then sipped slowly - if you do this, you will coax some of the most sensual flavours of molasses and honey known to tobaccodom.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Don't give up on it just yet. As Peck said, Virginia's require a very delicate technique to be anjoyed while smoking. Put it in a jar and set it aside until you technique improves, you'll be happy you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.