PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcinpa

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Philadelphia area
I came across a couple of nice, reasonably-priced and attractive glazed pottery containers with wire bail tops and translucent white silicone rubber seals. So far I have only used mason jars, and I know most pipe humidor jars are no good.
How about these, anyone used anything like it? This is not a photo of the pieces I found, but it is similar. The seals feel flexible and this kind of material tends not to dry out like old red rubber seals. Thoughts? It's a second hand shop and I can go get them later, I wanted to see what you thought first.
Glass_Hallmark_MilkWhite_Bears_WireBailJar03.jpg

jcinpa

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Philadelphia area
Cool! They had several sizes. I will get a couple and post a photo later. Looks like the seals are replaceable, too, which makes me feel good.
Thanks, guys!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
+1 with Hobie and Chris. I've got three, they work great for the stuff you intend to smoke regularly.

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
With the others, bleached the interior and washed the seals from three I bought used, and they are great for storage.

jcinpa

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Philadelphia area
No teddy bears. :lol: That was an Internet photo I found. Got them at lunch today.
jarsh.jpg

No bleach, I'm not that anal. I gave them a good washing with hot water and dishsoap, including the seals. Loaded the small one with some MacBaren Vanilla Cream.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Oooohhh... fruit logos ! Is there a Strawberry and a Grape aromatic you could put in there :rofl:
I found some plain white ones a while back, ran them through the dishwasher on sanitize, they work great. I like the clear that Chris is referring to.. would make it easier to see what's in there and how much is left.

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
If you have a Goodwill near by check them out. They often have items like this for 2$ - 4$.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
The one on the left is the first one I got, I liked it so I got 2 more half size. It holds around 16 oz easily

2012-06-17132245.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.