PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
So I just got off the phone with Kirsten in Seattle. I was told about 6 months ago that they would have production back online in 2-4 months. It would have been May 2013 at the latest. I just dont get how these guys stay in business or what's going on with it. Clearly they have demand for their products but I am just not sure how they pay the light bill in their high rent retail store. (Trust me, its very high rent where they are). Anyone know anything? This is extremely odd. Somethings not right here.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I picked one up from a woman at our Seattle Pipe Club. It was pristine but the bowl is a little large for me. I am looking for a smaller bowl and haven't been able to locate one yet.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I'm in the same boat - waiting for an O ring.
I spoke to an employee in May, they took my name and phone number - I was told that they had to fill all of their back orders before taking any new ones. One of these days I'm going to gird my loins and go to Seattle and into the store. I've heard that they have a batch of seconds and old meerschaum bowls, not sure I'd order over the internet. I don't have much faith on delivery.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Am I to assume that even their retail store doesn't have any pipes for sale? Is there anyone in Seattle that is close by to see what the story is with them? I have always wanted one, but short of flying to Seattle, I don't think I'll ever get a new pristine one...
Shutterbug

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Shutterbug,

In May I tried to order a new Kirsten and an O ring for my older one. I was assured that if I left my name and phone number they would call me as soon as the backlog was taken care of.
I'm not sure of what is going on, the employee implied that their supplier had limited resources (whatever that means). I'm not holding my breath that I'll hear from them in my life time.
Oh, when I asked them why their website didn't give the current information on availability I got the run around.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I've heard that they have a batch of seconds and old meerschaum bowls
No they don't have any inventory at all according to the guy.
Is there anyone in Seattle that is close by to see what the story is with them?
I live in Seattle and went in there in person and was told it would only be a few more month. Told get get on my waiting list, etc etc. I even offered to pre-pay for 2 pipes and they wouldnt take my money.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
This is news to me. I had heard that the store had closed it's doors. Did they have any tobacco there? I had heard they had some good blends at one point.
I now have 3 kirstens that may need parts. What part of Seattle is the storefront in?

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My wife reminded me that Friday we are going to see Pirate of Penzance at the 5th Ave Theatre in Seattle. Westlake isn't that far from where we're going, and depending on traffic and my "city" temper, I'll try and stop by the store and take a look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.