PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I just picked up an unsmoked pipe from briarblues that was made by an artisan named Kirk Bosi. I can find surprisingly little about him though. Any one know of this pipe maker and whether he is still making pipes?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a beauty Peck. Congrats! I love the grain and stem work on that one.

Dec 24, 2012
Here's what I grabbed -
First, a book on pipes (no idea why I grabbed this - I just love books, and hope it'll be interesting)

Second, the Bosi pipe:

Third and last, I grabbed another Becker - I am a big fan of his pencil shank pipes:

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Those Becker Pencil shank pipes are very cool. Love the stem detail on the Bosi as well. Very nice pipes.

Jul 15, 2011
Man, am I really the lone dissenter here?! The Becker doesnt do much for me (Id be afraid Id snap that shank) but the Bosi is GORGEOUS! Hard to believe there is little on the net about him though. Good score Peck!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I know Kirk pretty well and you're right, he makes a great pipe. He was the guy who got me into artisan pipes in the first place (it's all HIS fault). He quit making pipes about 5 years ago due to personal reasons; nothing serious but he's now able to focus more on work and family.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Nice pics of some great pipes and thanks for sharing, Peck.
Kirk was a terrific pipemaker and I still have a beautiful matched set of pipes that are in a custom case that he made for me 5-6 years ago. On occasion, I still sell pipes and aged tobaccos for him but it has been awhile. Kirk actually began a new sideline career a few years ago making custom pens and from what I hear, he is darned good at it and has gotten good dollars for his work. His pipes do not come up often on eBay, but when they do they command some pretty smart dollars from collectors who know of the quality of his work.
Best,

Pipestud

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Nice! The grain on the Bosi is stunning and I dig the shape as well! The Becker has got to be one of the neatest little pipes I've seen in a while. I love the stem, it looks so fragile! I bet the drilling is perfect, as there is not much room for error. Nice scores!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That Bosi is a great looking pipe, awesome grain and the stem looks very nice. Not a big fan of the pencil thin pipe, but considering peck's condition( his wife told me), it is a perfect match.lol

Dec 24, 2012
It is pencil thin but very long and hard. In any event, I prefer my condition to yours - after all, you can't shoot pool with a rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.