PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
This wonderful Krumble Kake has been around for quite some time, but it is one of the more rare tobaccos to be able to find. The smell is wonderfully natural, yeast like, savory in the tin and the waxed paper was oily upon opening. This breaks apart so easily and packs very well also, loosely packed in the bowl when dried some this comes to life with flame. The amount of smoke produced is impressive and the perique makes itself known quite well in the beginning. The VAs are quite nicely on par with the perique and you have a wonderful blend that delivers full body (burley helping here) and moderate strength. I have not seen any of this online for years, so if you do by chance see some, snatch it up and I think you will be well rewarded. I did not know this was discontinued, after speaking with a shop owner I trust he indicated it is simply very hard to find and production is low. So I'm not sure if its off or on in small quantities. A very good blend to be sure, whether here or gone.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Kingfisher is a wonderful blend and much discussed on this forum. I sent an email to Germain asking about it but have never received a reply from them, so it remains shrouded in mystery.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
One of my all time favorite tobaccos and definitely worth the coin if you can find it. I think there has been a few shipments over the past decade or so but it sells out faster than anything.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I'm pretty fortunate to have a couple 100g jars of Kingfisher from the late 1990's and one sealed tin from 1998. I don't smoke it very often and wish I had really stocked up on it but was into Lat blends at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.