Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Anyone know anything about them, nothing on Pipedia, help me out
kingofdenmark2b.jpg

King of Denmark, Made in England, this is the only markings on the pipe and below the "V" stem marking
kingofdenmark2a.jpg

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
King of Denmark pipes...anyone..... (crickets chirping) I cannot believe no one hear has any knowledge of this pipe, thanks guys, now I HAVE to buy it!
and I will be the only one hear to have one :nana:

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I got that pipe no one knows anything about, in pretty good shape but I need to clean/sanitize before I smoke it. Seams like it is well built and of briar or similar wood, and a hefty size.
As I clean this King of Denmark Pipe Im thinking I should dedicate this pipe to Black Frigate, just seams like a match.
imag0277-600x336.jpg

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
For sure a rare find. I've come across a few of these English no-names myself. It looks like a Kriswill or Jarl shape but IDK if they were ever made in England. I just bought a Bikes Rhum pipe with a London Made stamp, another "one-off" name, and I also purchased a pipe a while back with the same London Made stamp marked The Edinburgh and C&Co.(in an oval) on the other side of the shank. Both of the pipes have shape numbers that don't match up with any of the big English makers, but they both have traits that make me think they are quite old.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Both are fine looking pieces! Something similar is in the cards for me one day. How much does it weigh?
[Oddly enough, as much as I dislike the metric system—only because I am used to our system—I am now used to grams for small weights. (coffee shots, pipes, and tobacco!)]

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
That is a great looking pipe pagan! I find myself drawn to a tall chimney- especially with a slight bend.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
@randelli, I to am drawn by the tall chimney, and since no one seams to know anything about this maker I had to have it, I hope it smokes good when Im done with it
Still hoping someone will come forward with knowledge/history about King of Denmark Pipes

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
It's too bad there isn't a shape number on the pipe, that can help narrow down who might have made it.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Hey Pagan, curious to what you are doing in the 'second retort picture'? Ive read a bit on cleaning pipes and have performed 'a' successful salt treatment once, but I'm intrigued by your picture and whats going on in it. Nice pipe by the way. Love the look of that pipe.
* Well, I just looked up pipe retort, and have learned something new.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
The pipe got a salt bath then the retort, the stuff that came out was so dark I decided to let it cool and did it again, still nasty but got it cleaned out good. When it completely drys and I get the time Im gona work on the finish and stem

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Since most of my pipes are estate kaywoodies; I should probably get a retort set up. Either that or ship them off to have it done. I imagine 4 pipes would cover the cost of the equipment.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
You can get a retort system starting at $15. Or you can send to Stem and Briar for $10 rejuvenation service, check the link
http://www.stemandbriar.com/resotration

Status
Not open for further replies.