PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
picked this cd rack up for 5 bucks. works ok.got some of my pipes off the shelf.

P2220012.jpg

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Dang.. Buckeye.. that's pretty cool... sort of a Christmas tree of pipes!! I like it..

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Is that dark, bent, blasted poker you have toward the bottom there a Radice Rind? I think I have the exact pipe!

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
it`s ok but not as good as i thought it would be. it be nice to have some type of rubber padding in the slots to hold the pipes better. strait stem pipe want to slide out.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Very clever idea!

On another note Buckeye. The vertirack is essentially ready for you. All that's left is to attach the base to the swivel plate and filing out the slots a little more.

If you like I could leave the final sanding, staining, and finishing for you so you can be sure the slots fit your stems.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Great idea, buckeye. I just dug up the cd rack / lamp from the garage.

Works fine except I have to put the pipes in upside down. LOL. :puffy:

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
will it stands on its own, i got this a the good will center. they had 2 more and one was taller.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
buckeye, I can't see everything in the picture but my concern is for your pipes. Do think there is a risk of the rack getting knocked over or becoming top heavy by standing on it's own? The idea of it falling and snapping off stems is too awful to think about. If you feel it's sturdy and without risk, I say again, great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.