PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
My 9.5 y-o is wicked smart. Reads above high school level, vocabulary like a professor, critical thinking skills for days.
But up until this morning, he was still holding out belief in Santa Claus. I'm sure it was the standard mix of wishful thinking and confirmation bias. But my wife and I discussed this last Christmas, deciding that the next time the subject came up, and if he asked straight out, it was time to come clean.
So I get a call from my lovely bride (SO glad this happened when they were out on their own) who said they'd had "the Christmas talk" and my son was upset and wanted to talk to me.
"Hi dad," says he.
"Hey, big guy," says I. "Guess Mom told you about Santa, huh?"
"Yeah," he says. "She just dragged Christmas out, tied it to a pole, put a blindfold on it and shot it."
We chatted some more, I pointed out that now he can help keep the fun going for his little cousins (now that he's "in on it") and that seemed to help. But my wife and I have definitely included his description in the list of stuff we have to remember him saying.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
That's great! My son is 11 and it is a very cool period that I am enjoying alot. He's not hit the rebellious phase yet but he is growing up so we have some great conversations. Raising up a kid is amazing -So interesting to see them go through the stages.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
@Mick, We recently watched some episodes of Zoro on the web. I think that might have been it.
Sorry Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.