PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well I don't know who I did wrong but this is not my month. I almost get fired, my check card information got stolen, and now my timing belt broke about 15 minets ago. I am writing this stranded on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck. I am fed up with all the bad things happening around me.
Kharma please give me a break or something.
Well lemons into lemonaid. At least I got a couple pipes and a couple tins of bacci, insurance with tow coverage, and because I had the engine rebuilt last November its probably covered by the warrantee. But most of all the pipes and tobacco.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Bummer! My timing belt broke a couple years ago. The maddening thing was the tow truck operator wanted to be paid $200 in cash. Day before payday, so I had to take cash advance on credit card.
May things improve for you.
Winton

Jul 12, 2011
Enjoy'in a pipe and side of scotch with ya brother....wish'in u better

days......ahh I never tire of the rollercoaster we call life

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Throw me some of that scotch dragon I could use a snort or 2 right now.
Get this a fellow pipe smoker drove by and didn't even slow down. I hope he sucks up some dottle.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
hope your old briar or cob friend can get you through, we are always here to listen and give are .02$.

I think your bad luck has just run out. Hopefully

Jul 12, 2011
U got it brother, losing many a friend and family member if 2011,

I have learned...don't sweat the small things...hard to see when stuck

within the moment of the BS, but with great brothers/sisters of the briar

wish'in u better days...they are sure to follow

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Close tolerance engine is like hondas when timing chain / belt brakes while running, by by engine. Sounds like yours might be ok, just put belt on and go. Might set you back a few hundred sorry to say.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well now that I am home I just filled a Solo cup full of Tawney Port and packed some Halflings Leaf in my MacQueen Ranger. Still not sure what a non-interference engine is. I tried to find it on google but no help. Any mechanics out there? I am just a shade tree and I know a timing belt on a foriegn motor is no easy task.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well I dropped 4k in November on a complete rebuild due to the timing belt breaking and it came with a 2 year warrantee on parts and labor which included the timing belt. So if the engine is f*cked it should be covered, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.