PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
For me this tobacco does the trick. The casing is not as strong or soapy as Ennerdale's, for instance, but the Lakeland essence is still in there working its magic in the background. The casing tends to wane more and more as you progress with your smoke, but the Virginia tobacco seems to be good enough on its own, so the casing is but a compliment that only enhances your smoking experience. It tends to smoke somewhat hot if not let to dry properly, but I'd not leave these flakes out of the tin for too long anyway. As you won't find any Kentucky tobacco here, the smoking experience is more akin to a straight Virginia with a little bit of added flavour. However, as you go past every quarter of your bowl, the Indian leaf seems to kick in making it stronger and stronger. This is to say the smoking experience evolves from the Virginia taste to a dark cured tobacco. Very fulfilling and satisfying, I am going to recommend this tobacco giving 3 stars.
kendal%20flake.1_zpsedc56ele.png

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
This tobacco is very surprising, when you read the list of scents that are added, it's nothing like you'd think it's going to be. I found it to be very citrusy, lemony tasting. I didn't detect any of the soapy flavor, I find Bob's Chocolate flake to have more of the soapy essence then Kendal.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
I assume this is totally different to Samuel Gawith's Kendal cream flake!

Status
Not open for further replies.