PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Dark shag made my mouth feel like I woke up after two gorillas had been rutting in me gob all night.
I managed about 15 minutes of this stuff before the room note, which was akin to a shaving a swarm of rats dipping the hair in TCP and using grease rendered from the freshly shaved rats as a binder and leaving the fulsome bundle under a nun’s bum to come up to temperature, forced me to put the pipe out and flee to a minimum safe distance
This shag left me as limp as a poxy doxie.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Was it a very finely cut shag? The type that looks like its composed of your asian girlfriends pubic hairs? You used to be able to buy a very finely cut shag from G Smith & Sons on Charing Cross Road that you could smoke in a clay pipe or for the very brave roll into a cigarette. I think it was called Strong Black Shag or something like that and the room note sort of matches your experience. I rather liked it in a weird and strange type of way. I assume it burns quite hot and reduces down to a very fine white ash and does not require too many matches to get it burning. I must add that one too my list sometime and try it out.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
It was that kind of shag condorlover. Back in the black and white days I smoked RYO, Old Holborn, this stuff was similar, though less classy.
I love strong ropes, plugs and such so I'm not adverse to having my taste buds assaulted. If you pm me your address I'd be happy to shift if on to you.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
newbroom TCP is a liquid antiseptic with a purgative effect similar to napalm.
Its "distinct" bouquet means it's also known as tom cat's pish.

Reactions: Mtlpiper

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Yep that about fits the bill. You had to gargle with it as a kid if you had a sore throat or it was used on cuts and sprains. It was a general 'cure all' not unlike Dr. Collis Brown's Mixture which was a Victorian Patent medicine from the 1840s that somehow survives into the 21st century. You have to sign the Poisons Register at Boots Cash Chemist when you buy the stuff.

owen

May 28, 2014
Tcp gargle is great, like balkan flake in liquid form.

Status
Not open for further replies.