PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masked1

Might Stick Around
Jan 2, 2012
Alright I just finished a bowl of some house blend Ive got, and as usual I dumped the

ashes in a used altoids container. Im not sure why but I feel like there may be a use for them?

Anyone else do this for no reason or any ideas what to use em for?

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Give it to the wife after a hair colour to rub on & get rid of the dark coloured bands where skin meets hair, it works wonders for that.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I dunno bout ice melt but I keep for pipe mud. I have a friend who smokes cigars regularly & he saves his ashes for me too.

vegasblue

Might Stick Around
Jan 23, 2012
for some reason it works really well to polish silver on pipes and other trinkets.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I snort mine. Just take a straw and honk it up. The only down side is I can't tell what food smells like now. Everything smells like burning.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Heh this thread is funny.
I have heard about a method for forming cake, to shake the ashes of the bowl you just smoked around the chamber walls.
But you don't need to keep an ash supply to do this.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
So if you need ashes for mud . Smoke a cigggar and your pipe and make your own . Cant say as I have never had to use it . What I mean to say is how much could you possibly need . Do you store it in quart jars in the cellar or what . I can see it now in stores eveywhere .I digress .

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I snort mine. Just take a straw and honk it up. The only down side is I can't tell what food smells like now. Everything smells like burning.

After I read that I snorted laughing, with a pipe in my gob naturally...and discovered that ash makes a horrible keyboard cleanser. :oops:

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
I have no use either for it. I see some people save huge bowls of the stuff. Mine goes in the garden, grass, or garbage.

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
I read where you could mix some ash with honey to line the pipe to help form cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.