PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I like to carry a variety of tobaccos with me at all times. However, my tinned stock is dwindling, in favor of bagged blends from my B&M...and I've been having issues with the tobacco getting smashed up into nothing. I don't keep it in my back pocket or anything; my pipes and tobaccos follow me in a small hard case. Which needs to grow...but that's another story altogether.

So how do you guys keep your travelling tobaccos in smokable shape?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Latexglove.jpg

It is waterproof, inflatable if need be, and features five separate chambers

that afford the user some variety while out and about. Now how nice is that ?

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
I bought a roll up tobacco pouch for $14 about 4 years ago. I now have several. I have one with me in the car all the time. It seems to do a fine with everything from flake to ribbon tobacco.

Not too expensive and not a bad option if you want to go that route.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
No romeowood, cortez got that waterproof tobacco pouch with 5 storage compartments when he became a "Preferred Member". You can see the "whole package" he received upon the conferring of his preferred status HERE.
-Jason

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I have a little leather pouch (it's quite nice, my folks gave it to me) but still my tobacco seems to get ground to a fine consistency perfect for sucking directly through the bowl and into my mouth.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I often recycle the tins for carry if I am going camping saves having snuff instead of a smoke.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Hmmmmmmm sounds as if the tobacco is drying out . Try to only take as much as you need for the day . I like to use a heavy zip lock freezer bag . my daughter got me a nice little zipper pouch with room for one pipe for Christmas that I have yet to try .

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
That's not a bad pouch;but like you said,just take enough for the day.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
That's interesting, Juni. I just Googled that and found out it is from the 1930s, made of bakelite, from a company called Wunup. Is there a source for these things I wonder?
I need to investigate further. It looks handy and kind of retro-cool from pipe smoking days gone by.

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
I regularly use the folding pouches as already mentioned... I have found that large RX vials work well for one day outings where I expect weather or abuse to be an issue such as hunting.... No plastic taste etc... I would not store tobacco in these... but they do work well for a single day..

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
....heck, we could probably thread a couple of hub caps together.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Of course the best way to keep tobacco from being destroyed would be to send it to me! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.