PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Havent had a lot of bowls of tobacco lately. My dear city was hit by a EF-2 tornado on Monday 4/28. There was one death related to the storm but it was not caused by a direct encounter with the tornado (car accident due to weather). We are very fortunate and blessed as this tornado hit a large populated area. Many people are without homes and others with partially destroyed homes. It's been a tough few days. I'm very blessed as my house was not damaged. I'm located about a mile to the south of the worst damage.

Please pray for Tupelo, Mississippi. There will be a lot of rebuilding to do. I'm ready to sit down and smoke a bowl of Mississippi River. :). I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Thanks everyone. It's a mess around here, but I'm very thankful for the lack of injury and loss of life. God bless.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
It's been a long week but our city is responding and our people are reselant. The tornado was upgraded to an EF-3. The damage is severs but we are moving forward. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. This will be a long process.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
BTW, I got out on the Harley earlier and now enjoying a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap in my old Peterson K&P Standard. It tastes so good. :)

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
23r67h4.jpg

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Good luck guys! Hate to hear that happening to anyone. When you find a place to call "home" it becomes a part of you and seeing it damaged can hurt like hell...

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'd heard about the Tornado warnings, and figured it would be a close call for someone here. Just gald to hear you are alright; the nerves must be quite shaken though. As for those who weren't so lucky, time to rebuild. Must be hard to deal with all the lost keepsakes. Things will never be the same around there again.
Thoughts and Prayers

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Hey Hotshot, how are things going for you? Been thinking of you and others down there.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts guys. They mean a lot to us.
I'm good, I didn't suffer damage but a large section of Tupelo and surrounding counties suffered tremendous damage. So thankful for no loss of life. This will be a long rebuilding process. Millions of dollars.... lives are uprooted and will never be quite the same.
One of the hardest areas hit was my old home area where I grew up and played, went to school, our old city park, etc. I have many friends in that area. I have 8 close friends and went by their houses to check on them, 6 of the 8 homes are partially or completely destroyed. It's heart breaking. One home is the 50+ year home of my best friends mom and dad, he is 90 and she is 87 years old, their home is destroyed. Now at this age, change is not a good thing. I ask special prayer for them, first names are Fred and Virginia. I spent about as much time at their house as I did my own, back in the high school days. It really hurts.
At any rate, I'm thankful that God spared so many lives and we will rebuild. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.
Blessings from Tupelo !

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about so many stories of pain, but I'm very happy to know there were no deaths. That is an enormous amount of destruction.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Man I hate to hear about this. I have a lot of friends around Ripley and Pontotoc, hope they are all ok.

Will keep you guys in thoughts and prayers.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
This is just awful. So sorry for everyone affected by the storm. Glad to hear you came out ok.
Those poor older folks; I can't even imagine what they are going through.
Very sorry to hear about this.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Thanks everyone. Hey Lonestar, Pontotoc & Ripley are ok. They slid by on this one. :)
This will be a long recovery, but the Tupelo Spirit and the Spirit of Christ will prevail. :)

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
hotshot, I'm late seeing this....I guess it's old age or something...seems like it happens a lot lately.
Anyway, shoot me a PM, and at the very least, I'll ship some clothes your way to hand out. Surely there's a fat guy there that can wear my stuff.
Glad to hear you are ok. Our prayers are definitely with y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.