PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Over the next few days I will try to publish a report on each day of the KC Pipe Show. For the uninitiated the KC Show actually kicks off on Thursday evening when we have our June Regular Meeting. What makes this meeting special is we have a number of out-of-town guests who drop by the meeting. It gives our members a real opportunity to talk to the folks on a real personal level.
The first photo is of Brain Levine, Lee von Erck, and James Gilliam (last week's guest on the radio show). Brian and Lee have been to the KC show more than I have. This was James first trip.
600%20-%20Levine%20Erck%20Gilliam_zps0maxirp1.jpg
[/url][/img]
Here's another good shot of James Gilliam.
600%20-%20Gilliam_zps5oq3eoae.jpg
[/url][/img]
On the right is legendary tobacco blender Mike McNiel with store manager Bob OSwald.
600%20-%20Oswald%20McNiel_zpspvagl5g0.jpg
[/url][/img]
Next we have our good friends from the NASPC, Jeff Knoll and Eddie Fleiss. If you haven't signed up for the NASPC magazine (The Pipe Collector) go to naspc.org and does so. You will not regret it.
600%20-%20NASPC_zpsqv6ehwmg.jpg
[/url][/img]
Here we have a good shot of Brian Levine. Brian is just a hoot.
600-%20Levine_zpsuqgzj2eo.jpg
[/url][/img]
This next shot is a collector's classic because it has something you rarely see: Lee Von Erck smiling.
600%20-%20Levine%20Erck_zpsg16zara0.jpg
[/url][/img]
On Friday night before the show the KC Pipe Club has a vintage tobacco table in which anyone and walk up and try a bowl of whatever is offered. The shot below is a tin of 50-60 year old Rattray's 7 that will be on that tabl;e.. Despite to wars that tin appeared to have been through the cutter top tin was absolutely air tight.
600-Rattray%207_zpsu4qj0mob.jpg
[/url][/img]

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Here's group shot of all the visitors who dropped by. From left to right they are:
Jeff Knoll, Brian Levine, Eddie Fleiss, Mike Reschke, Sally Gottleibson, Lee Von Erck, James Gilliam and member Dave Houfek.
600%20-%20Visitors_zpshz8qdvyk.jpg
[/url][/img]

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I am, keep them coming!

I've never figured it out but show reports and on topic info can sink like lead but a "my is cat is sick" posts will stay on the page for days. I've seen "I'll be away for a few days" posts stay up longer than the guys vacation. 8O

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Kills me that we missed this year- my parents 60th anniversary took priority. Thursday night with the club was a good time last year!

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I've never figured it out but show reports and on topic info can sink like lead but a "my is cat is sick" posts will stay on the page for days. I've seen "I'll be away for a few days" posts stay up longer than the guys vacation. [8O]
You are not wrong about that. I am wondering if this is down to the effects of the social media age. Folks have an easy time "liking" something or throwing up a knee-jerk "Awww", "hang in there", "have fun", and etc. Here an on topic thread probably requires more engagement with the content. Engagement is hard work.
OK, I am going to take my codgerly, curmudgeonly self out of here for a smoke. When I come back I will probably sound less like a grumpy old man complaining about kids these days.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
By the way, the show was great. I wish I had been able to make it to the Thursday and Friday happenings.

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
All I have to say to the organizers is thanks... To Brian .. Thanks... And Lee thanks.... The KC show was a great show to visit... And I'm hoping to be able to come back... Schedule permitting.. I really enjoyed everything from the 0600 crowd in the morning to all those sitting around and chatting in the evening..,and the pipe club meeting was a special highlight of the show for me... After 19 hours of travel, I don't even look too jet lagged ;-)
A special thanks to Scottie for arranging for me a wonderful local IPA .. The icing on the cake..,I tell you
James

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Definitely interested and appreciative!

Couldn't post/comment sooner due to forum glitches.

Thanks for the great photo update, wish I was there in person though. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.