KB&B Heatherby & Paragon PAD + Pics From An American Classics Starter Collection

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
After reading the some post here and having a huge pipe cabinet to fill, I have decided to start an American Classics collection. I have purchased a 1940-1948 Dr. Grabow Linkman's Select Grain Dublin 8424 from Ed. I also picked up a 1930's KBB YB Imperial 3195B for smoking English. These are the only two I own right now. I have my eye on a Kaywoodie Dublin. However after reading up on the history of KB&B, I have succumbed to Heatherby & Paragon PAD something fierce. My question is do these old pre-Kaywoodie KB&B's come on the estate market often? I would really like to acquire a pipe from these two lines.
Here is a link to the KB&B lines:
http://pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-kbb.html#heatherby
Pics of the Linkman's. It is the top pipe:

KB&B Yello-Bole Imperial:

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Beautiful, I really like the KB&B Yellobole. I haven't seen the KB&B as much as Kaywoodie, although I've really just started looking at the American classics after my estate scores this month. If you're interested in that WDC I picked up PM me.

Aug 1, 2012
Nice choices sir. I have not seen many Heatherby or Paragon pipes come up in the last year. Some do but not many. I would keep and eye on the seller you bought the YB from as (s)he tends to find some rare pipes in the KB&B lines. If I see one, I'll let you know.
Speaking of rare Kaywoodie/KB&B, I've been looking for a Kaywoodie Ninety-Fiver for a while and have only seen 3 recently. One was too pricey and the other two had major stem problems.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I would keep and eye on the seller you bought the YB from as (s)he tends to find some rare pipes in the KB&B lines. If I see one, I'll let you know.
Yea, I saw he had a Heatherby that sold back in June. I really wish I would have been into the American Classics back then. Oh well. I hope to find one at NASPC in August maybe.
Congrats Chris - what great pickups! Hope you'll let us know how they smoke.
I sure will. I may go back and pick up another Linkman or an Emperor from Ed, after I try out the one above. He is thinning the herd a little bit and has some wonderful deals on some very nice Grabows.

Status
Not open for further replies.