PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmack23

Lurker
Jan 20, 2015
I recently came across this pipe set my grandpa had but never used. I have tried to research the set but only found very limited info onto how much this set is valued. How ever I'm thinking bout putting it on eBay and see what happens if your interested in the set make me an offer d.mack602@gmail.com also I have original pamphlet, pictures of harvesting the wood along with local news paper article about "Mission Briar" please feel free to comment with any info that is helpful thank u...... I'm not able to post pic but will send u some via email

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
You have not met the minimum requirements to sell here. If you want info that is fine. Post some pics here and we would be glad to help.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
You upload them to a server like photobucket then insert the img url by hitting the IMG button on top of reply box.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/instructions-for-posting-pictures

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You can upload pictures to your account on the Pipes Magazine server. Then you copy the "image location" and paste that into the "IMG" pop up dialog box. The link to uploading pictures that was sent to you will give you all of the steps in greater detail.
Sounds like a great find! Let's see some pictures and someone here may be able to help you.

dmack23

Lurker
Jan 20, 2015

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
HI dmack,
You've uploaded your images to the Pipes Magazine site. So far, so good. Now do the following:
Go to the page in your album for the image that you want to post.
If you are on a Mac, hold down the control key, place your cursor over the image and click. You should get a pop up menu that has "copy image location" as an option. Select that option.
If you are on a PC, right click to get the pop up menu and select "copy image location". Select that option.
The location of your image will be copied automatically when you do this.
Go to the forum and go to the thread to which you want to post your picture. From menu directly above the reply window select IMG. IMG is used for posting images. Do not use URL. URL is used for posting links to other sites and will not post your image.
Select IMG and paste in the location that you just copied. Click OK. When you post, your image will appear in your post.

xrundog

Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
IIRC, the Mission Briar pipes were made by KB&B during or near to WWII. At that time they were not affiliated with Kaywoodie. But if you used Kaywoodie as a descriptor for searching on ebay, I'm sure nobody would object. Hard to tell from the pic, but I guess in this set they decided to provide examples of their various shapes and finishes. Never seen one like it. Probably go for a couple hundred or so.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here are some better photos. I encouraged Dmack to take some specific shots, showing the full condition, etc.

I rarely see Mission Briar pipes, much less a full set. Depending on the condition of the bowls/stems, I agree with Xrundog, they could fetch a couple hundred bucks on Ebay. With the proper photography, etc.
They do appear to be unsmoked. I'd be interested to hear what Bill Feurbach thinks about the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.